Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeMixing Species Multi's
rhys88
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 18
Votes: 0
male australia
i have a 4 multi's in a 30 gallon tank and i kno i could put heaps more fish in there, what type of fish are alright to put in with multi's, any suggestions
Post InfoPosted 14-Feb-2006 10:20Profile PM Edit Report 
Falesha13
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 65
Votes: 5
female usa
Most often I hear about multi's being kept in single species tanks, but I have also heard of people keeping other small, non-aggressive, cichlids that usually prefer the top of the water column as tank mates.
Post InfoPosted 14-Feb-2006 13:17Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
rhys88
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 18
Votes: 0
male australia
yer i guessed they would be surface dwelling fish because the multi' primarily stay at the bottom, and that is what makes the tank look bear, anyways what type of fish gather at the top and are non-aggresive
Post InfoPosted 14-Feb-2006 14:09Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
littlemousling
---------------
---------------
Conchiform
female usa
Once the multis start breeding and forming a colony, they'll use all the space. Few cichlids are top-dwellers and will stay out of the way of the multis; those that I can think of are not good choices for such a small tank.

Give the multis some time; soon enough they'll be breeding, filling the tank space with fish and personality. Adding other fish will only take away from your enjoyment of their colonial behaviors.

-Molly
Visit shelldwellers.com!
Post InfoPosted 15-Feb-2006 15:01Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies