L# Monospecies 45g cichlid tank
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeMonospecies 45g cichlid tank
livewireumd
Small Fry
Kudos: 1
Votes: 0
Good Morning All,

I currently have a 45g (3ft long) freshwater tank cycling. I'm just looking for some suggestions on cichlids that can live in it for their entire lifetime (no plan on upgrading to a larger tank). I was thinking of 3 or 4 cichlids from different species.

Some species I am considering are jewels, firemouths, and parrots. Can anything else fit in this category? I know that convicts can fit in that category but I have a convict pair in a 30g tank and would like to stay away from putting any convicts in the 45g tank.

Thanks for reading and for any advice you can give me.

--Tom
Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2009 16:11Profile PM Edit Report 
Sin in Style
----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 1119
Votes: 165
male usa
strictly mid sized fish? south american? 45g tank is fairly large and there are so many options really not enough room to list them lol.
Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2009 19:42Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
livewireumd
Small Fry
Yes, I pretty much want fish that are going to fill it out. (Mid sized SA, CA, or SA/CA Cichlids in particular that can be bought at the LFS or Chain Pet stores that wont outgrow the tank).

Thanks!
Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2009 19:49Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 477
Votes: 1
male usa
Blue acaras would fit that tank ok. Kribs would work to. Main thing is to try and stay away from a pair of anything. Fire mouths would go good. Have you thought about doin an afircan tank??
Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2009 22:09Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
livewireumd
Small Fry
I've considered many things. I think I know the least about the African cichlids though. Do you have any suggestions on some sample setups for an african cichlid 45g tank so that I can research into it?

Thanks!
Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2009 22:40Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies