Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeParrot Chiclids
CameronK
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 3
Votes: 2
male southafrica
I have been reading the posts about this fish, but non of then really answer any of my questions. I have four of these fish 3 males and a teenie female. All were the same age and size when I got them, they are about 9 months old now. i had a 150 liter tank with them in and they dug under the rocks and threw the stones around so I thought there might happen something but nothing did the female and one male just stuck together. Last week I got my self a masive 350 liter tank and put them in there now 2 of the males a fighting over her and the third really could not be bothered just when they get to close to him. They are really courting her and she cannot seem to make up her mind really. Now she is half there size and I am scard that all the fighting and chasing could stress her out too much and then I could loose her. What could I put in the tank to stop this. So they can do their business and move on. The three Bala Sharks, two Silver Dollars, and two Chinese Alge eaters are very carefull of what they do as well they just sit in a corner and look the other way, the Green Eel could not be bothered just burrows in the gravel. All the fishes eating habits have also dropped tremendiously, They only eat three blocks of blood worms, and leave the pellets and flakes. The Parrots don't fight for their share any more just eat the scraps, nor do they go for it when I drop it in, just wait for it to come down. So yea any advise would help, maybe I am lucky and get a few babies. And a perspex ,divider with holes in won't work cause I wont be able to get a big enough piece in, as the tank is reinforced with glass at the top, with only two square spaces open for access in the tank.
Post InfoPosted 02-Oct-2006 15:52Profile MSN PM Edit Report 
WiseIves
----------
Enthusiast
MbunaMbunaMbuna
Kudos: 180
Votes: 85
male usa
EditedEdited by WiseIves
I believe that parrot cichlids for the most part are not fertile. They will still act their roles as far as spawning but you will probably not get any babies. I believe that who ever becomes the dominant male will get the babe.

By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.
Socrates-
I happen to have become a philosopher
Post InfoPosted 02-Oct-2006 17:45Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies