SubscribeScientific Name & Angel Fish Size
Cmreds
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 13
Votes: 0
male usa
Hello everyone,

I recently (3 weeks ago) had the unpleasant experience of losing 100% of my tank due to ich. I travel for business and my wife did not notice the symptoms and the fish proceeded to die over the next two weeks - even after I started medicating.

Anyway the tank (a 29 gallon by the way) is cleaned, treated and ready for new fish and I have decided to add 2 angel fish, 6 Serpae tetras and a couple of panda cories. My question is with the size of the angelfish. My research has lead to the following inconsistent conslusion : Pterophyllum Scalare are listed at being 4 inches everywhere except here and my LFS. How big can I reasonably expect by angels to get - it's okay if their 6 inches I am just curious.

Thanks,
Chris
Post InfoPosted 08-Jan-2009 22:04Profile PM Edit Report 
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 285
Votes: 34
male usa
they will get abut that however there finnage gets really long and may touch the gravel or the top of the tank, it would take awhile though, and if upgrading is possible in the future its soething to think about (in terms of gallon for the angels)
Post InfoPosted 08-Jan-2009 22:51Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
riri1
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 435
Votes: 44
male
angel fish do get big and there fins can get much bigger so u might want to have a update planned in the long term....
Post InfoPosted 08-Jan-2009 23:16Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Cmreds
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 13
Votes: 0
male usa
Well 29 is about as big as I can go for awhile so I guess I will need to reconsider the Angel Fish.

Thanks,
Post InfoPosted 09-Jan-2009 04:07Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 285
Votes: 34
male usa
yes, how about a smaller cichlid
Post InfoPosted 09-Jan-2009 04:45Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies