Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeStocking Suggestions?
dbenn
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 19
Votes: 40
male canada
I'm starting my first Cichlid tank and am wondering what you all think I should put in it. I've had a number of successful community tanks in the past and am ready for something a bit different. It's a 55 gallon tank with a lot of rock caves but little plant cover. I've built the aquarium into a wall in my basement and can't wait to get it filled with fish. Let me know what you think!

Thx,
Dwayne

Attached Image:
Post InfoPosted 06-Mar-2009 06:48Profile PM Edit Report 
riri1
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 435
Votes: 44
male
nice tank it really depends what cichlids are availble to u and wat u like in that size tank a 10 inch fish is max u can have so no oscars no jags no doviis no red devils no midas cichlids....... id go with somethin like firemouths, cons, blue acaras, green terrors, garmmodes, salvins, any of the Geophagus sp, severums, rainbow cichlids, Festivum, and Jack Dempsey. Thos are the most common ones available. u could go with most african cichlids except emopoerors and fontas.
Post InfoPosted 06-Mar-2009 07:11Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies