SubscribeWhat Is This Albino Cichlid?
Sir Syklyd

-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 21
Votes: 1
male micronesia
Hello Everyone,

I have an online friend who has asked me to help him to identify one of his recent purchases, or more appropriately said, a "mystery fish" which was recently bought by his wife, along with three other fish. I suggested to him that it looks like an albino Labidochromis Caeruleus, if such a fish exists.

If you'd care to have a look at some images of the fish, and make a stab at its proper identification, please go to the link below:

http://www.endtimeprophecy.org/cgi-bin/TheFishGuy/TheFishGuy.cgi?fid=16&topic_id=1246717486

Thanks folks!
Post InfoPosted 05-Jul-2009 03:40Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 477
male usa
My guess would be an albino zebra if we are refering to the first picture. It looks just like my albino zebra I currently have.
Post InfoPosted 06-Jul-2009 04:26Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Sir Syklyd

-----
Fingerling
male micronesia
Thanks for your reply. I received a number of responses on a variety of fish messageboards. The general consensus has been that it is a Pseudotropheus Socolofi.
Post InfoPosted 10-Jul-2009 05:07Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
4fish
Small Fry
Kudos: 9
male usa us-nebraska
Sir Syklyd, I would have to agree with the Pseudotropheus thoughts. Here is a picture I found online of an albino and it looks pretty close to your picture. The only real differnce I see is the one in your picture has a pointed tips on the anal/dorsal fin and the fish in this picture does not...

http://www2.dc.ufscar.br/~jose/photos/14-Pseudotropheus%20socolofi%20albino.jpg

Yellow Labs don't have that body shape so I definitely don't think it is that. Someone else may have a different view on that but in my experience they are taller and not as long as the fish in your picture. Hope this helps...

75gal Malawi-Electric Yellows, Demasonis, Elongatus Mpangas, Red Top Hongis, Auratus, Red Zebras, Clown Loaches

180gal C/A-1 Green Terror, 1 Red Devil, 1 Jack Dempsey, 2 EB Jack Dempsey, 2 Salvini's, 5 Firemouths, 1 Striped Raphael, Common Pleco
Post InfoPosted 15-Jul-2009 21:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Sir Syklyd

-----
Fingerling
male micronesia
Hello 4fish. Thanks for the additional input. I will pass the image URL along to my friend for his consideration.
Post InfoPosted 16-Jul-2009 02:23Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies