Subscribeim VERY VERY upset
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 478
Votes: 271
male australia
EditedEdited by hokese
hey guys,i got a very upseting shock when i got back home from moving a tank todayi found my green terror male dead,im SO UPSET i cant describe it in words,im not lying its been so long since ive lost a fish!i forgot the pain of losing a MUCH LOVED BUDDY!i was so close to him,he loved eating out my hand and didnt really care what it was as long as he could eat it.he was a typical gt,the boss very nice colours,a great dad,never caused me 1 problem.i just cant understand what happended to him,last time i seen him he was fine,im going to do some water tests first thing in the morn,but im %99 sure the water will be spot on just like it always is,but ill still test it just to be sure,also all the other tankmates are fine as normall,althought the gts partner (a nice robust ba)is freaking out a bit now hes gone,its like shes lost with out him!she keeps swimming around the tank looking for him...i feel bad enuff just losing my gt,now im even sader watching her looking for he partner...
i hope shes ok,they had been partners for ages,and the gt was the stronger fish out of the 2...well guys i dont have any questions,i guess i just wanted to tell you guys......this HAS GOT TO BE THE ONLY BAD THING THAT COMES FROM FISH KEEPING....(as some of you mite haved noticed i get very found of me fishies..)
Post InfoPosted 19-Jul-2008 16:00Profile MSN PM Edit Report 
zachf92
----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 255
Votes: 233
male usa
Sorry about the loss, Hokese
It must really suck to lose such an amazing fish, and without any warning. Ive had it happen a couple times, but not with an extremely intelligent, large cichlid like that.
Well, all you have to do is be happy for him. He's swimming around in the giant lake in the sky now
Post InfoPosted 20-Jul-2008 04:41Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
male australia
EditedEdited by hokese
thanx mate,im still moping around,ive done all the tests,and just as i said,everything is as it normally is,my tanks water pretty much never changes,im pretty strict with wcs,and genrall tank keeping,this is what is so disheartening,i cant find out why,i also inspected him,his colours were a bit drab,but apart from that,there was no visable parasites on or around his gills,he looked normall,i just cant understand it,this is a first for me losing a cichlid of this size,he was by far my best gt ive ever had,im racking my brain trying to think of things it could be,but ive made not 1 change with this tank,its been the same for ages,just doing the nessesary tank and fish keeping....it really hit home this morning that hes gone,today was the first day in ages he wasnt rite there waiting for me to give him his brekfast,out my hand like always.....plus to top it off,his partner the ba,looks sad aswell,its like she now nows her partner has gone,they were very close,thats why i never bothered over the years to split them up,when they got put together,it was a instant bond,from then they were a pair,thousands of babies too,but cause they were hybrids,id only let them raise for a short time then cull the fry....anyway.what to do now,i dont even think my ba would be interested in another partner,all she ever cared about was him,she followed him around like a lost puppy,and now hes gone,she lost,just staring blankly...its sad..,has this happened to any of you guys?
Post InfoPosted 20-Jul-2008 07:44Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
papasan
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 34
Votes: 0
male uk uk-england
EditedEdited by ACIDRAIN
I am a cichlid newby, but R.I.P.

papasan.
Post InfoPosted 27-Jul-2008 17:52Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
male australia
yeah since his goneive had to put a divider in
in the other blue acara pair stated picking on her licklocking,the team attack ,cause if they tryed that crap while the gt was alive he scare the pair off real quik,this souunds funny any fights or dramas that happened were not tolerated by the gt,no vliolence except by him he was like the tank sercutiy gaurd...lol.but it worked great for years! now hells breaking lose time for a new start i rekon
Post InfoPosted 03-Aug-2008 19:20Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
male australia
since the loss of my gt things have gone from bad to worse,the divider has turned to a permanent thing,each time i try to take it out,the fighting starts agin with in minutes..also my gold nugget pleco has gone nuts,he just plain hates all tankmates now,sicne the gt is not around to keep him in line,and the other fish bolt from the pleco too,but the gt wouldnt take it...but yeah im guna have to make some major changes now...
Post InfoPosted 14-Aug-2008 11:16Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies