Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribesome MORE multi questions
Sin in Style
----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 1119
Votes: 165
male usa
could just move the old filter they have now to the larger tank. instant cycle. between the filter and mature sand i doubt it would even mini cycle with tiny multies.
Post InfoPosted 30-Apr-2009 03:05Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 478
Votes: 271
male australia
na im not planing on seperating the babies,i meant all the fish in the tank were getting moved.also the 15 gal,isnt cycling,ive gotta take the 5gal out,then put the 15 gall in!no room to have it cycling.
so ill have to take out the babies and larger multis,put them aside,then switch over gravel and shells into the 15gal,use the water and 2 filters from the 5gal,whip the fish into the 15gal,then fill up with SOME tapwater,then fill it up over the next few days.
the babies are still doing ok!
but i was rite,mum isnt really bothered with them now.but they arnt being bothered by tankmates,i cant beleave how the other multis dont eat them.
normally with breeding cichlids as soon as babies are seen by fish other than the parents its goonite babies.
not with the multis.
i love the fact that they can all band together and help raise the fry,and no fighting amoungst them.
very cool indeed..
well i mite do the upgrade this weekend,thats not to soon to move the babies is it,im not worried about moving the larger multis just the babies..
Post InfoPosted 30-Apr-2009 12:11Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 478
Votes: 271
male australia
just a quick update and a quick qeustion.
the multi babies are still doing ok(touchwood)but mum has pretty much giving up on them.
as soon as the babies are big enuuf,im putting ALL THE MULTIS into the 10gall.
now the male that spawned with her,she pretty much kicked him out when she dropped the eggs.
well now that male is sharing a shell pile with another multi,should i expect more babies.
Post InfoPosted 06-May-2009 12:37Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2, 3
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies