Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
EditedEdited by Callatya
I seriously have to get new homes for these guys.

I've tried a few times, but either had shipping issues or found out at the last minute that they were being put with fish, which is a big nono.

I have one large black male and one medium gold female.

Large black male is a doofus and must be kept either by himself or in a tank with low filter flow, as with moving water he gets disoriented and chews legs off his tankmates. This buy will happily eat out of your hand and is pretty safe with feeder gudgeons should you want top movement in the tank.

Medium gold female is currently in posession of 2.5 legs. She will not be shipped until she is well on her way towards healing. She is a bit of a wus and conformationally unsuited to breeding IMO, but I have had her for close on 3 years now and she has not had any major issues other than a few legs gnawed off when I attempted to give her a playmate. She is a chronic gravel eater and must be kept on large rocks or sand.

These guys are to go to good home only. That means one that is cool over summer(less than 24*C or you have to ice them daily), and at least 30 gallons (2.5') to play in with no large or nippy fish.

I care quite a bit about these guys and won't let them go to just any home. I just don't feel that I appreciate them enough for them to spend their entire lifespan with me. I think they would be best off in a home where they were loved and adored.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 30-Jun-2006 03:50Profile PM Edit Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
Rightio, its getting mighty close to summer so i'm about 2 weeks away from taking at least one to the pet shop. I'd prefer someone from here or someone with a bit of fish savvy, but failing that i'll have to bite the bullet as I just can't do another season.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 28-Aug-2006 16:55Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies