Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribefreshwater tank and fish available for adoption, Portsmouth, NH
AnnieM
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 4
Votes: 0
Hi fish aficionados,
I have had a 29 gallon tank for a bit over two years, but will need to find a new home for my little guys soon, as we will be moving cross country. No known ick or other infections, and all seem stable and healthy. I have three black neons, two black skirt neon, two green corys and a lonely spotted cory of one of the types: punctatus, brevirostris, ambiacus, agassizii, or false spotted. I recently re homed a leopard pleco, and the tank could use a smaller variety as well as shoal mates for my lonely cory. The others more or less ignore him, I'm afraid.
Also, I think the tank should be refit with sand and a cave for the corys. Is there an aquarium enthusiast locally who could adopt these little guys , keep them happy and healthy, or make them more so? They could go with or without the tank as fits your needs. Thank you, AnnieM

Post InfoPosted 05-Mar-2009 23:38Profile PM Edit Report 
Sin in Style
----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 1119
Votes: 165
male usa
If I had any room left I would take it off your hands. girlfriend works out in portsmouth too so it would easy.

If you run out of time and still cant find a home let me know and ill see what i can do. Just dont count on me.
Post InfoPosted 16-Mar-2009 16:31Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
AnnieM
-----
Fingerling
Thanks a lot, Sin In Style.

I am not out of time, but the offer is much appreciated. Have someone interested in adopting the crew who is quite experienced. Will see if that works out.
Post InfoPosted 17-Mar-2009 15:47Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Ok I just wanted to say, I miss going to portsmouth every summer

Growing up we'd drive to portsmouth and catch the ISSCO boats out to Star island, my grandparents were the caretakers out there till they retired 10 or so years ago.

Thats where my avatar was shot, oh a few dozen years ago.

*sigh* good times, good times.

Good luck finding a home for the tanks. Might check with the schools in the area, maybe one would like to take it on as a project?

^_^

Post InfoPosted 18-Mar-2009 02:28Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
AnnieM
-----
Fingerling
Hi again Babelfish,

By chance are your grandparents Edith and her husband, whom we know from church and other things? Our church is affiliated with Star Island.

What an awesome couple, whether you're family or not!

Portsmouth is lovely, but too spendy for us to stay here after retirement soon.

AnnieM
Post InfoPosted 18-Mar-2009 16:23Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Thats my grammy and grampy

Yeah it does seem that the town has changed a lot since the early 80's when I first started going (as a little fish).

Might the church adopt the tank? There was a thread around, somewhere here about someone setting up a tank in their church.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 19-Mar-2009 00:08Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
AnnieM
-----
Fingerling
Hi Babelfish,

All I have to say is that you come from sturdy, wonderful, generous and ethical stock!

I think a local guy is going to come get my setup this weekend; cross my fingers.

Annie<
Post InfoPosted 19-Mar-2009 14:47Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Sin in Style
----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 1119
Votes: 165
male usa
Annie any chance this is still available? My GFs friend that work in portsmouth has taken an interest in fish. anyway let me know. ty
Post InfoPosted 01-May-2009 19:24Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
Babel, that was me, I set it up in the church office. It kind of depends on my being here to maintain it though.

><>
Post InfoPosted 01-May-2009 20:11Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies