Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeCherry Barbs?
BlackNeonFerret
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 137
Votes: 30
female uk
I have a 15 US gallon tank with a ram, 6 black neon tetras and 2 ottos. It's got some plants, but i'm getting more soon, and a pot. Anyway, i used to have a betta, but he got dropsy so i don't have a betta any more. I wanted more colour in the tank so i thought maybe a male cherry barb? Or do i need a pair? Or would i just be better off with no more fish and a colourful ornament? Please help me.
Thanks!
BNF
Post InfoPosted 02-May-2007 21:50Profile PM Edit Report 
ImRandy85
---------------
Enthusiast
Bleeding Blue
Votes: 75
male usa
I think the usual recommendation for cherry barbs is 1m and 2f. If you're looking for color why don't you look at getting a couple of platies? Another option might be a male guppy.
Post InfoPosted 02-May-2007 22:12Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
aaronfry
----------
Hobbyist
?
Kudos: 55
Votes: 159
male usa
Stick with what you got and just add some plants. check out this thread http://www.fishprofiles.com/files/threads/33903.1.htm?9# for a some good links from jasonpisani and kitten about plants you can put in that are easy to care for.

If you really want to you can add male cherry but you will still have to add some plants you should do this for the ram anyway. I think the ideal situation for the cherry barb would be 2f 1m but they can be a bit territorial so watch for this if you get just one. Mine shows this in a 29gal with 2 other female nothing serious just some chasing.

"No whammy, No whammy, No whammy, STOP!!"

1984-Michael Larsen On Press Your Luck
Post InfoPosted 02-May-2007 22:54Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
BlackNeonFerret
-----
Enthusiast
Votes: 30
female uk
I used to have loads of plants but then one died and now i don't. Anyway, i'll be getting more plants this weekend. If the cherry barb wont be happy by himself i'm not getting him - i can always get a load of cherries if i get another tank.
Thankyou.
Post InfoPosted 03-May-2007 17:04Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies