Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeCherry barbs and Hikari micro pellets
ladiejl
----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 204
Votes: 23
female usa
Just wanted to second what someone else said on here. Ive read several post here and there about cherry barbs being picky/shy eaters. I bought 2 a couple of weeks ago and lets just say I was worried they would starve or were blind. They never even seemed to want or see food I put in the tank for them. read on here where someone said try Hikari micro pellets. I bought some and my barbs FINALLY came to life at feeding time. They have actually even dove for the same pellet. First one who got there won! Anyway, I HIGHLY recommend this product for anyone with cherries or any other fish that can eat this food but doesnt seem interested in other foods. Low price and it will go along way.

Nice to see my lil cheeries eating finally!
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:59Profile Homepage AIM Yahoo PM Edit Report 
cbcinnie
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 49
Votes: 8
female usa
I'm glad to hear that they are finally eating. Mine also love micro pellets. I give them a variety of flake foods also. Blood worms are a tasty treat for them.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ladiejl
----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 204
Votes: 23
female usa
Yes, I feed mine w frozen thawed out bloodworms. Havent tried them with them thought since theyve started eating good. I want to get them well fed on these micro pellets in case they did suffer any from not eating good for about 12 days or so.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:59Profile Homepage AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
kitten
----------
Fish Guru
Meow?
Kudos: 2194
Votes: 19
female usa
They were likely eating, but being more scavanger-types when you weren't looking. My cherries did the same thing for like, a MONTH. There's no way they could last that long on no food, especially and not look emaciated.

However, now, they're at the top of the tank as soon as I open the lid. They eat everything I put into the tank. They do enjoy the micro pellets, but also eat various flake foods, frozen foods, and freeze dried foods. Happy lil guys.

~Meow. Thus spoke the cat.~
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:59Profile Homepage AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Pammy
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 130
female usa
I feed them the Micro pellets as well. I also find that they like peas.....they'll go after the pea like theres no tomorrow....

Last edited by Pammy at 05-Nov-2005 19:20
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:59Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies