Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeQuestion
jodecii
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 26
Votes: 0
female usa
I have what I think is a gold zebra danio not sure. I just noticed that one of my fishes bellys to be drooping a lot more so than the others. Could it be pregnant, if so how do i know for sure? Its belly is just a lot larger than usual.

Jody
Post InfoPosted 30-Jan-2006 20:10Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
Kudos: 3730
Votes: 348
female usa us-california
EditedEdited by Cory Addict

It is possible that the fish is gravid (filled with eggs). Zebra Danios are prolific breeders and will spawn in community tanks.

To rule out the possibility of illness however, have you noticed the fish exhibiting any strange symptoms (such as scales sticking out, not eating, etc)?

I'm not your neighbor, you Bakersfield trash.
Post InfoPosted 30-Jan-2006 20:49Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
jodecii
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 26
Votes: 0
female usa
Its still swimming around. Looks to be swimming at the same speed as usual. LOL TO answer your question, no it does not appear to be in distress. I have three gold danios and 2 zebra danios.
Post InfoPosted 30-Jan-2006 20:51Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
SJinNJ
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 447
Votes: 16
male usa us-newjersey
Did you notice this after the danios ate. Some of mine are real gluttons and look huge after a feeding.
Post InfoPosted 02-Feb-2006 01:29Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies