AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Species
 L# Cyprinid Corner
  L# Theoretical question... RTBS and Harlequin Rasboras?
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeTheoretical question... RTBS and Harlequin Rasboras?
viciouschiapet
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 77
Votes: 15
female usa
Would the RTBS kill harlequins? Just wondering. Don't worry. I haven't put these two together or anything, I just had the thought and was curious!!!

The pottery that growls!
Post InfoPosted 02-Feb-2008 22:51Profile Homepage AIM Yahoo PM Edit Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
Votes: 309
male usa us-northcarolina
Depends on the size of the tank. In something 55+, I'd suspect not. The temperament of those sharks can vary widely, but even a really aggressive one should leave them alone in something the size of a 75 gallon.
Post InfoPosted 02-Feb-2008 23:01Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
viciouschiapet
-----
Fish Addict
female usa
Cool. =D So they can be with peaceful fishies just fine if given the space.

Now to figure out if a polar bear would win in a fight against a tiger...

The pottery that growls!
Post InfoPosted 03-Feb-2008 00:38Profile Homepage AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
platy boy
-----
Banned
Kudos: 74
Votes: 30
male canada
a RTBS is one of the most teritorial fish i have ever seen as they grow to there max size of 6inches they will need there own space and if youkeep them in too small of a tank the hrliquins will be in his teritory ALL the time like i have a RTBS and i will have to get rid of it soon because there is a small corner in my tank that the fish are safe from the cool but evil fish
so all depends on tank size from what i learned about them 60ish gallons is about the size for them to not eat your other fish expicialy little fish like harliquens

33 gallon 7 neon tetras-5 platys-3 bleeding heart tetras-2 corys-1 rainbow shark-2 L83 gibby plecos
Post InfoPosted 03-Feb-2008 00:42Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
Votes: 309
male usa us-northcarolina
So they can be with peaceful fishies just fine if given the space.

Well, not exactly. If you were to keep them with a fish that looks somewhat similar or has similar colors, it's more likely than not that you'd have fireworks, even in a large tank. The point with the rasboras is that in a large tank, the RTBS would be too busy patrolling his larger territory to bother with something like a small schooler or shoaler.
Post InfoPosted 03-Feb-2008 02:01Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
viciouschiapet
-----
Fish Addict
female usa
Ah sorry I didnt clarify that. Yes, I know they are no good with similar looking fishies. I meant peaceful as in the typical schoolers.

The pottery that growls!
Post InfoPosted 03-Feb-2008 09:22Profile Homepage AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies