Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeTiger Barbs Raphael?
sora
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 96
Votes: 134
male usa
ok so i just got a new 55 gal. bout 48 inches long 13 inches wide. im planning on putting my striped raphael in there. i want to put a small school of tiger barbs in there. when i said this in the chat room some one raised the question would the tigerbarbs harrass the raphael to much? i belive the rapheals bout 2 and ahalf or three inches at the moment. just wondering.

The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we dont know what to do.
Post InfoPosted 09-Dec-2007 06:22Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
Votes: 309
male usa us-northcarolina
It shouldn't be a problem. Raphaels are the underwater equivalents of tanks, plus they have some pretty serious weapons at their disposal should the need arise. Also, being mostly nocturnal, there normally wouldn't be much direct contact anyway. Just make sure he gets enough food -- tiger barbs are pigs.
Post InfoPosted 09-Dec-2007 06:42Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
sora
-----
Enthusiast
male usa
EditedEdited by sora
lol i know the raphael can take care of himself in a fight. just didnt want the tiger barbs disturbing him to much. mines a little weird in that you seem him alot during the day so i thought there might be some contact. he doesent move much but he hangs out in his corner. thanks!

The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we dont know what to do.
Post InfoPosted 09-Dec-2007 07:53Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
Kudos: 330
Votes: 355
male usa
the TB's will probably give him a good going over when you first add them. Buy smallish TB's, your Raphael can assert his "authority" for awhile, then the TB's will probably hardly mess with him once they've been in there awhile...
Post InfoPosted 11-Dec-2007 03:09Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
sora
-----
Enthusiast
male usa
thanks scott thats a great idea! looking at your tank stock i can see you probably knowabit about tiger barbs!

Post InfoPosted 11-Dec-2007 03:31Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Make sure he's got lots of hiding places, sometimes just one spot isn't enough.

They don't all have to be caves, denser spots of plants (real or fake) and dark places created by driftwood can also work. With lots of spots even if the tigers do harass him a bit he's got his own world to disappear to.

Might also try feeding at night, Joe raised a good point about tigers.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 11-Dec-2007 04:28Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
sora
-----
Enthusiast
male usa
lol babel that is def. the plan. makeing stevie the striped raphael happy is the top concern. no worries. he will have more than adequate cover. and feeding at night is no problem =] i already do that. anyways lol thanks for the tips

Post InfoPosted 11-Dec-2007 06:04Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies