L# Zebra Danio Fry:
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeZebra Danio Fry:
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
Randomly after switching some deco from my larger tank over the holidays I noticed some free swimming fry a week or so later.

Only about a week or so ago was I allowed to really know which fish had spawned (out of the 4 species I had in the tank).

Now about 5 weeks later I have a much larger shoal than I started with... my 2 ZD's managed to produce close to thirty fry and about 20 have survived to this point. The fry are close to an inch now.

My main question is what should I do to help them grow faster and stop being as picked on by their parents now that they are past the size of being eaten? I also plan on thinning the shoal (potentially trading for genetic variation from an LFS or something.

Also, I enjoyed the spontaneous spawning and fry rearing and was wondering how to get it to happen again?

Thanks,
-Brandon

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 06-Feb-2011 04:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies