Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribe30 gallon paludarium
djtj
-----
Fish Master
Kudos: 885
Votes: 49
male usa
My mom's friend is giving away her 30 gallon. I was origionally going to use the tank for African Chichlids, but I decided that I would hold out for a bigger tank. I thought that an extra 30 gallon tank lying around would be the perfect oppertunity to try my hand at brackish water. That's right folks, it's my first brackish water tank, so I'm gona hit you with alot of questions .

I decided I wanted a "beach" look. I would cut 2/3 of the top of the tank off and use it for the shoreline. However, the lower portion of the tank would be completely free for fish.

This is kind of hard to explain, so I will show you my plans.

I'm not quite sure what I want to stock with, though I have some ideas. So, in all, I'm looking at:

land portion
7-14 land hermit crabs

water portion (in order of preferance)
1 figure 8 puffer
1-3 halfbeaks
? molies
? bb gobies
(possibly something else)
both
5-7 fiddler crabs
3-5 red claw crabs

Basically I need help filling in the question marks. If you can add/cut any fish, that would help alot too. Thanks in advance for you help

Also, what would you suggest along the lines of SG, tmeperature, food, ph....

For food, I was thinking frozen brine shrimp. The SG will probably be between 1.005 to 1.015. Is that enough/too much?
- DJ :88)

Last edited by djtj at 03-Apr-2005 20:00
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies