Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribe55 Gallon Brackish?
Fish Guy
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 1254
Votes: 2
male canada
I was wondering what I could stock a 55 gallon with in terms of Brackish water fish?
Post InfoPosted 29-Jan-2006 01:56Profile PM Edit Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
Kudos: 3730
Votes: 348
female usa us-california
What kind of fish do you like? There is a lot to choose from (gobies, puffers, livebearers, inverts, pipefish, etc).

It was my tank, however, I'd make it a brackish tank of only native, local, brackish fish. The fish you can find in your own city/county can be every bit as interesting as fish that come from South America and Asia.

I'm not your neighbor, you Bakersfield trash.
Post InfoPosted 29-Jan-2006 02:04Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4173
Votes: 452
male usa
monos look nice, but they can reach about 10 inches or so.

what about puffers.
Post InfoPosted 29-Jan-2006 02:11Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Fish Guy
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 1254
Votes: 2
male canada
I like puffers along with Columbian Sharks.
Post InfoPosted 29-Jan-2006 18:20Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
bratyboy2
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 340
Votes: 1
male usa
I myself am looking into a 55 gallon brackish maybe at least a 30 but....pack to u. my vision would be like a sandy or muddy bottom with a lot of weedy growth and roots/branches.. some bumblebee gobies(5),
mollies(5),halfbeaks(3),monos(3 at the most) would be kinda neat heck maybe get rid of the monos and mollies and put pipefish and some celebes rainbows.. their really spectacular in a school...its really up to u do some research...http://badmanstropicalfish.com/brackish/brackish.html is a real good web site check it out...happy fish keeping!!!
Post InfoPosted 30-Jan-2006 04:02Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 30-Jan-2006 04:03
This post has been deleted
DeletedPosted 30-Jan-2006 04:04
This post has been deleted
mrwizerd
---------------
Big Fish
Kudos: 197
Votes: 75
male usa
Well I have setup a very nice 35 gallon and I had to give up on monos and archers, though I may move it to a 55 and get one. My current stock is as follows.

1 - Very happy and fun Figure 8 Puffer.
2 - Rainbow Kribs
1 - Orange Chromide
3 - Celebs Rainbows VERY active in there group may get more
1 - Bumblebee Goby
1 - Flounder (loads of fun to have in the tank the neovespicula depifrons tend to take rides on him)
4 - Neovespicula Depifrons (waspfish very happy kinda school sometimes they have a few behavior traits of a cory and just look great.)
2 - Diminutive Molly Fry that are very fun and were the runts of the litter and the only two orange ones from a dalmation mother.

I am using medium grit sand and laterite substraight with some slate and lava rocks and will be adding some drift wood. It is currently DIY co2 injected and is growing dwarf hairgrass here and there and a bunch of small microswords. I have a lot of Moneyswart in the background and three Banana plants. They get nipped by the puffer quite a bit but grow rather well.

I would like to add 2-3 more celebs rainbows and two of the waspfish are going to indianna but other then that the only other thing I am intrested in is an archer fish.

Hope that helps.
Post InfoPosted 01-Feb-2006 06:03Profile Homepage ICQ AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
resle
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 112
Votes: 14
male usa
id definatly add more orange chromides and bumblebees since they are social/schooling fish
Post InfoPosted 01-Feb-2006 23:44Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
mrwizerd
---------------
Big Fish
male usa
I havent much seen bumblebee goby do much socializing I would shoot for some celebs rainbow and waspfish for social enteraction
Post InfoPosted 02-Feb-2006 05:55Profile Homepage ICQ AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
resle
-----
Enthusiast
male usa
wait did u just respond to ur own question either that or ur being ignorant
Post InfoPosted 02-Feb-2006 23:37Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
mrwizerd
---------------
Big Fish
male usa
Umm, no I was stating to Fish Guy that I would add to his tank Celebs Rainbows and Waspfish in addition to the suggestion you made on the orange chromide. The fact that I earlier stated my current stock and thoughts I had with adding to my tank had no bearing on my suggestion to him to add the waspfish and rainbows. Infact I was suggesting them for there socializing skills because the bumblebee's I have had are very much not social.
Post InfoPosted 06-Feb-2006 20:59Profile Homepage ICQ AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Cup_of_Lifenoodles
---------------
Fish Guru
Kudos: 1957
Votes: 30
male usa
No, wizard is quite right. BBGs are not social fish; if anything, they are territorial and somewhat intolerant of their own kind. More, however, are asthetically pleasing, as a single streak of yellow and black is a little garrish on it's lonesome.
Post InfoPosted 14-Feb-2006 09:00Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
resle
-----
Enthusiast
male usa
EditedEdited by resle
oh, sorry
Post InfoPosted 16-Feb-2006 16:50Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies