SubscribeSnail Bait
Anthonym
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 21
Votes: 0
male usa
hey,
sorry for lkeving so many posts but i need help, this is the first time iv ever had puffers.
anyways, i was wondering if the green spoted puffer fish that i have will eat the whole snail or just a bit of it, and if i should give it normal food as well while the snails are in there. the snails seemed to have died already, and the puffers arent eating them to much. so i dont know what to do
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Report 
Kim
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 436
female usa
If he doesn't eat the shell with it, crush the snails before to give them to him. He needs to have more than than snails. Try frozen bloodworms and for an occasional snack of frozen brine shrimp.

Kim
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Anthonym
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 21
Votes: 0
male usa
i have been using frozen brine shrinp as a normal diet, and have given them snails for the first time. but i think the reason the nails died is because my water is brachish, and the snails are not, so i dont think that helped. also do you know ifthere are brachish snails that i could feed to my puffers
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Sideburns Dave
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 105
Votes: 21
male canada
What you can do is keep a small container to house your snails until feeding time. feed the snails some algae flakes or lettuce.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies