Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeTank Mates
Shannen
-----
Banned
Kudos: 1686
Votes: 98
male usa
Ok The Violet Goby in with the Stone fish was a bad idea. My bad! I never in million yrs would have dreamed that a 6 inch fish could eat a 9 inch one.! oops.

Any suggestions? I want something to go in with him that will hang out in the upper water column. It has to be too big to be eaten yet stay small enough to live in a 55 gallon.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile PM Edit Report 
jfk
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 42
Votes: 1
male usa
How about a GSP?
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Shannen
-----
Banned
male usa
Damn you brackish people are slow!

I thought about the puffers, but I didn't want to risk it and specially since I have no plans on having a 200 gal tank to house them in in hopes that they leave the stone fish alone.

So, tonight I went to my LFS and what did they have? Scats. Sure they had the common green but they also had the not so common ruby ones...Oh man they are sweet! I got 2.

Yes I know they get big, and yes I will be putting them in a 55 as soon as it's needed and then a bigger tank.

Big is not a problem. Huge is.

/:'
puffer_archer
----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 250
Votes: 4
male usa
Well, I apologize for being slow, but I've been a little preoccupied with a sick puffer.

I think that scats should work with the stone, their shape is such that it would make it mighty difficult for him to down them. And, as long as you are willing to invest in a larger tank eventually, all is good. The only thing I would say is you may want to add a few more, I think they are schoolers, but of course that would mean a bigger tank.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Shannen
-----
Banned
male usa
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies