Theresa_M

---------------
---------------
-----
Queen of Zoom
Kudos: 4280
Votes: 790
female usa us-maryland
I have a 6g Eclipse set up as a brackish paludarium with fiddler crabs ([link=link]http://www.fishprofiles.com/files/forums/Photo%20Booth/56216.html" style="COLOR: #FFFF99[/link])

Would adding my bumblebee gobies to this tank work? I was told by the lfs that the fiddlers don't bother fish but I'd like to make sure first. I have java fern growing quite well in the tank they're currently in, so I could add more plants if necessary for hiding places.

Thanks for any input

~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
Fiddlers won't bother fish? Not quite so sure about that. I don't have experience with Fiddlers, but almost all crustaceans basically are omnivores with preference for meat, which leads me to believe that if they can catch them, they'll eat. I could be wrong though, but I'd never put small fish with fiddlers.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Theresa_M

---------------
---------------
-----
Queen of Zoom
female usa us-maryland
That's my big concern. I did find the [link=Fiddler Crab FAQ]http://tbone.biol.sc.edu/~steven/fcfaq.html" style="COLOR: #FFFF99[/link], which says 'Fiddler crabs don't eat other animals; they eat algae and other organic material attached to sediment particles. Now, if your fish starts to bug the crab, he might well use the claw to bat at it and fend it off... but in general, fiddler crabs are not aggressive, except toward one another.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
justicerulesok
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 161
Votes: 2
female uk
I had/have bumblebee gobies...

they need live food at least every other day although they will eat flake...i feed my tanks live food twice per week & frozen & flake the rest of the time but found after three days the gobies attacked & ate each other. I have two left but I don't think they're too happy.

Lovley presonalities but hungry buggers.

Anita.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Theresa_M

---------------
---------------
-----
Queen of Zoom
female usa us-maryland
I've had mine for close to a year now. Fortunately for me they like frozen food. I've also had luck with them accepting free-dried bloodworms and sun-dried baby shrimp that Tetra sells.

They were originally in a 6g, then a 10g, then did a complete move to a new apartment so I've found them to be hardy as well. Definitely one of my favorite fish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies