Subscribeis there a way,
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4173
Votes: 452
male usa
is there away to tell if the water has salt in it? like smell,looks etc. i may be getting some archers, but the tanks are bare, and clear water. b/c if these archers are in salt water, or brackish, i would need to knoww, b4 adding them into a full F.W set-up right.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Report 
houston
---------------
-----
Fish Guru
You want what when?
Kudos: 2462
Votes: 337
female usa
Ask who you are getting them from? Taste the water and I think there is a thing-a-mu-bob you use with salt water that would be able to tell if there is salt in the water or not...I don't know the name of the thing thoughwouldn't a floating thermometer work? (I think I heard that they float at a different level if there is salt vs. fw...salt would float between the red margins given on the itof course i could be totally out of it:%)You could always taste it though

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." Thomas Carlyle
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4173
Votes: 452
male usa
i could ask, but what fun is that. tasting i may do, but he will think i am crazy. i mean if i do buy them and taste it and it is brackish i can always add salt to the water.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
Kudos: 3730
Votes: 348
female usa us-california
Get a hydrometer.

I'm not your neighbor, you Bakersfield trash.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
pufferpunk
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 395
Votes: 0
female usa
Archers are not for beginners. They require a huge tank (grow quite large) & high end BW. This means using marine salt & measuring it with a hydrometer. You need to cycle a tank for them in the specific gravity they are at in the shop.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies