Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribe20 Gallon stocking suggestions
Shauna372
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 9
Votes: 0
Hi everyone,

I currently have 4 bloodfin tetras, 3 white skirt tetras, 3 honey gourami's and I'm looking to complete my stocking of the tank, I would like to get a bottom feeder and possibly a couple more ??? - any suggestions for a bottom feeder and what else/how many more can I add. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Post InfoPosted 27-Jun-2006 21:37Profile PM Edit Report 
AggieMarine
---------------
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 229
Votes: 12
male usa
Finish out those tetra schools and get a small school of corys and you should be set. Two more bloodfins and three more white skirts would make nice schools. As for a bottom feeder, I personally like the peppered cory. It's very common, very popular, is a smaller cory, and is fun to watch. A school of three would be good with that tank as you described it. Stay away from plecos. If you want an algae eater with that much other fish in the tank already, go for a small school of otos.

Also, is it a 20 long or a 20 high? A 20 long is 30 inches long, and can support the fish you listed better due to more surface area. Surface area increases gas exchange and therefore provides more oxygen to the water for your fish to breath.

How long has your tank been set up? Is it brand new? Did you add all the fish at once? Have you been testing for ammonia? Do you know the rest of your water parameters? This can help you get better advice on how to care for you aquarium and what the best fish to include might be.
Post InfoPosted 27-Jun-2006 22:25Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
GirlieGirl8519
----------
Fish Master
*Malawi Planter*
Kudos: 1029
Votes: 35
female usa
I believe Salt and Pepper cories, or Corydoras habrosus are the smaller type, staying around an inch. Pygmy cories are also small.

Peppered cories are usually Corydoras paleatus, which get around 2.5-3 inches.

Make sure you buy smaller ones...especially if you have a 20 high.

Other cory options are panda cories and false juliis (corydoras trilineatus). Make sure the false juliis are trilineatus. They are sometimes sold as "spotted cories" and some spotted types get pretty big.

*Kristin*
Post InfoPosted 27-Jun-2006 22:36Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies