Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeAlgea
bailey
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 6
Votes: 0
female usa
I'm having some problems with my tank. It's a 44 gal tank and it's loaded with black hairy algea. They look like little feather dusters. they are hard to scrape off. I think the black aglea is a different issue. any help would be great. thanks
Post InfoPosted 05-Jun-2007 05:16Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
lysaer
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 57
Votes: 2
male usa
Sounds like black brush (beard) algae to me. A quick search on the 'net turns up this article about algae. It has links and good tips.

Listen! Do you smell that?
Post InfoPosted 05-Jun-2007 06:02Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
bailey
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 6
Votes: 0
female usa
Okay? thank you. It sounds very complicated with lots of work. I wouldn't be able to do half the remedies sugguested. The one that seems fesible is the bleach. I can take everything out and bleach it but how about the gravel. To remove the gravel, would I be distrubing the eco system? disinfecting the filter system? The tank has been established for 4 years maybe even 5. also they talked about a shot of hydrogen peroxide. I can't find what the dose would be. Any more help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Post InfoPosted 05-Jun-2007 19:48Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies