Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeAnyone keep bichir?
Brengun

----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 187
Votes: 110
female australia au-queensland
I did a search on forum on bichir and the last post was years ago.
Does anyone else keep a bichir or two?

I have what I think an albino senegal female bichir I named Falkor after the luckdragon in the movie Never ending story.
With most all my other tanks having plecos, Falkor is my little indulgence and has a 4ft tank practically all to herself apart from a couple of dwarf loaches and some guppies which she sometimes snacks on.

I have had her since she was 10cm and she's almost full size in length now of 25cm. She'll probably grow wider now if thats possible as she's pretty fat.

She likes to eat 4 Viformo tabs a night. Occasionally I break up a couple of Massivore tabs or carnivor tabs as a treat.
She thinks livefood is icky and nearly took out the back of the tank in fright when I put a live earth worm to eat in there once.

Post InfoPosted 16-Aug-2011 02:07Profile PM Edit Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Wow she's a bit of a poser in that last photo!

Hilarious that she got scared of the worm. Never kept them myself, haven't really had the tank space to devote to one.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 17-Aug-2011 23:54Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies