L# Pages: 1, 2
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeAre fish an addiction?
Wfish
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 25
Votes: 18
I just need some big bucks then I will be a huge fish addict!!!
Post InfoPosted 16-Aug-2006 23:07Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
wish-ga

----------
Mega Fish
Dial 1800-Positive-Posts
Kudos: 640
female australia
EditedEdited by wish-ga
Money limits the setups I maintain
Other commtments mean I choose to make time for two tanks & all that they entail.
Health limits the amount of lifting and carrying I can do.

So I have stopped at two.... one at home and one at work. It makes me really, really ponder the setup I want. Works for me!

However, is the desire for more types of finned companions is still there! U Betcha! I imagine all sorts ... so maybe it is a rich aqua dreamland that is not acted upon.... Yeah, I've been bitten by the bug too.

Dallas *** go discus ***

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~ My fish blow kisses at me all day long ~~~
Post InfoPosted 17-Aug-2006 05:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
crazyred
---------------
-----
Fish Addict
LAZY and I don't care :D
Kudos: 360
Votes: 293
female usa
EditedEdited by crazyred
I started with a 2 gallon Spongebob tank for my son and killed many goldfish trying to keep fish. So, I stumbled onto these online aquaria pushers (A.K.A.: forums) and now I have a 500 pound monkey on my back in the form of a 10 gallon ACF tank, a 29 gallon community mish-mosh tank, and a 55 gallon SA cichlid/tetra tank (not to mention 4 betta tanks---2 @ home and 2 @ work).

Seriously, I get almost 'high' just thinking about going to the fish store. I tell myself "all you need is a bottle of dechlor and NOTHING else." Never works. I come out with a fish nearly everytime. I just love my fish. It's weird.

I'm with Cali and some of the others.....if money wasn't an issue I would have tank all over the place. I decide to stop at my 55 since I almost had to take out a second mortgage on my house just to set it up and stock it, but I can't seem to quit because I'm now eyeballing a 4' x 4' square cut-out in my patio (previously intended for a hottub) as a possible location for a Texas cichlid pond. When will this madness ever end??

~~Melissa~~
"Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder."
Post InfoPosted 17-Aug-2006 18:01Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
MtbGirl
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 19
Votes: 0
female usa
We only just started, we bought my son a 7-gallon tank a few weeks ago. We currently have 12 tetras and one Chinese algae eater in there.

Since making our purchase we have discovered we are on the edge of being overstocked and Herbie the alge eater may have to go if he gets too big and aggressive. Luckily we found a pet shop nearby that will take him if & when the time comes.

I would have to say we're becoming addicted, we all say good morning & goodnight to the fish, we stop in and check on them from time to time. My son won't leave the house without saying "goodbye" to them, and when he returns he bids them "hello." I watch them carefully, and sometimes I feel like they are watching me as well!!

They are adorable and I'm already considering expanding the tank if my son really takes to it. So far he's a great little fish-keeper.

Our tank: 45 gallons
7x Cardinal Tetras 7x Black Neon Tetras
7x Glowlight Tetras 2x Ottos 2x Ghost Shrimp 3x Spotted Corys 3x Panda Corys
Post InfoPosted 18-Aug-2006 04:34Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Calilasseia

---------------
-----
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Panda Funster
Kudos: 2828
Votes: 731
male uk
I was trying to gauge the extent of some people's fishkeeping by searching the site of the UK National Marine Aquarium in Plymouth, to compare tank collections with the likes of Ad Konings. Who, by the way, isn't the only terminal case of MTS at the Cichlid Room - Pam Chin, who runs the Ask Pam forum on the Cichlid Room website, cites in her biography that she and her husband have 200 aquaria full of Cichlids at their home ... here is Pam's bio page at the Cichlid Room]http://cichlidae.com/author.php?id=11[/link]. A picture of her fish house can be found [link=here ... be amazed at the number of tanks there are in those shots!

Panda Catfish fan and keeper/breeder since Christmas 2002
Post InfoPosted 18-Aug-2006 13:33Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 21-Aug-2006 07:26
This post has been deleted
wish-ga

----------
Mega Fish
Dial 1800-Positive-Posts
Kudos: 640
female australia
we all say good morning & goodnight to the fish

When my fishtank light flicks off (timer) I say "goodnight fish" out loud. Habit. My mum caught it from me too when I lived at her house and had the tank there ... she says it if she is visiting now I have my own place.

(little fish how cute is your duckling avatar!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~ My fish blow kisses at me all day long ~~~
Post InfoPosted 21-Aug-2006 07:27Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
cichlidiot
-----
Hobbyist
male
Hi My name is Shane and I'm addicted to fish!

I have 3 aquariums up and running, 2 in storage and my wife wants to buy a smaller one four our living room.
Post InfoPosted 22-Aug-2006 08:32Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
MtbGirl
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 19
Votes: 0
female usa
I forgot to mention that I dream about the fish on occasion... Not always good dreams, two I can remember are that one died and the filter stopped working.

Yes... I have a problem...

Our tank: 45 gallons
7x Cardinal Tetras 7x Black Neon Tetras
7x Glowlight Tetras 2x Ottos 2x Ghost Shrimp 3x Spotted Corys 3x Panda Corys
Post InfoPosted 24-Aug-2006 03:38Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
techjak
----------
Fish Master
Kudos: 2354
Votes: 4
male usa
My name is Jack, and I'm addicted to fish-keeping.
It's been one week since I started the cycle on a new tank setup.

It all started a few years ago when I decided it would be a good idea to get a betta for my grandson ... well, that just wouldn't do because the wife then wanted one and of course, I had to have one as well ... then I got a deal on a 29 gallon tank and the next thing you know I was on this website researching fish and learning all I could about the hobby! Today I have three tanks set up (29, 37 & 46) as well as a 2000 gallon koi pond and four tanks just waiting to be set up!
Post InfoPosted 27-Aug-2006 04:16Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
zebra
-----
Fish Master
Kudos: 291
Votes: 37
female usa
haha. oh mann..

i remember having a few bettas while growing up. but i never took care of them, my mom did.

but then i remember getting a 2.5 gallon tank with uhh i think 2 platys in there.
and they had babys.

so then i took out my 30 g. tank. and then i have had my 5.5 gallon tank and my 10 g. tank.

none of them are up and running now tho.
butt.. soon i will be setting up one of them.
i dont know which one.
ahh.
=]]

buttt i have taken them down before and set them back up.
fish are very addicting.
something about them.. that makes me keep going back, haha.

-kristin

~!!I lOve LiFe!!~
Post InfoPosted 28-Aug-2006 23:14Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies