Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeBreeding feeders
cappa
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 14
Votes: 1
male australia
I recently bought some feeder firetail gudgeons. They are a bit small so I'm feeding them twice a day to get them to a decent size before feeding. They are really cheap to buy (AUD 1.50 for 10) but there is always question to their health and whether or not these buggers were caught from a local creek or bred for feeding. So I wanted to keep a pair of the bigger ones and possibly breed them without too much hassle. They are housed in a 50 litre polystyrene box with a hang on filter attached to it. There is no substrate and no plants. Just a bare container. How would I get the larger ones to spawn? and how can I get them to grow really fast?
Post InfoPosted 28-Jan-2008 00:42Profile PM Edit Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
I don't know about getting them to spawn, but to get any fish to grow really fast, feed often (but not more than they'll eat within a couple minutes) with high-protein foods (brine shrimp, worms of about any kind, fish and shellfish, possibly beefheart)

><>
Post InfoPosted 28-Jan-2008 00:52Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
cappa
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 14
Votes: 1
male australia
Gave them a lot of live blackworms and it took them a coule of hours to clear them out. Come to think of it I have some beefheart cubes in the freezer which I can cut into tiny pieces for them. My other fish aren't too interested in them. Thanks for that.
Post InfoPosted 28-Jan-2008 05:20Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies