Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeCondom fish tank!?!?!?!?!?
juwel-180
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 212
Votes: 17
male uk
hey guys aint been on in a while because of work. Any way i was on PFK and came across this (sorry if it has all ready been covered) http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/pages/blog.php?blogid=153 some of you might have seen it some might have not. I personaly think this is such a stupid idea how will u fish feed and they wont live long at all. Also putting them straight in like that goes against every rule in the book! any way be intresting to hear wat you guys think?
Post InfoPosted 23-Jan-2008 22:26Profile PM Edit Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
EditedEdited by Shinigami
This is probably the worst idea ever. I am stunned.

I'd really like to say something not so overdone as how he would feel if we stuck him in a balloon, but this really warrants that.

Not only is such a small volume of water bad for temperature swings, the rapid rise in toxins, and lack of room to move around, you also have the lack of a filter, the lack of an opening for more oxygen to enter, the possibility that the condom could rupture, the fact that certain chemicals probably can't be simply washed out so easily and are definitely dangerous to fish... and the fact it's a condom. A condom for pete's sake.

I guess he didn't have anything better to do with the condom.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 23-Jan-2008 22:46Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa
Some people will do anything for attention.
Post InfoPosted 23-Jan-2008 23:14Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
platy boy
-----
Banned
Kudos: 74
Votes: 30
male canada
that is the stupidist thing i have ever heard! like ive heard of people buying a betta cutting the top off a 2l bottle and putting it in but this is rediculas!

33 gallon 7 neon tetras-5 platys-3 bleeding heart tetras-2 corys-1 rainbow shark-2 L83 gibby plecos
Post InfoPosted 23-Jan-2008 23:37Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
mews
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 33
Votes: 1
male australia
thats just plain sick. One wonders what sort of parent he will make.

My 5footer
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2379/2242540621_1a81dcb3c8.jpg
Post InfoPosted 24-Jan-2008 00:11Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
desertfish
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 7
Votes: 6
male usa
My question is, for being a "self-contained ecosystem" how are you supposed to feed your fish, plus even for neon tetras that is way too small. Maybe if it were just a plant it might work, I've seen some neat plant only setups.
Post InfoPosted 24-Jan-2008 02:10Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
wow pure idiocracy... i am sure if some bacterial additive was added and some dechlorinatior and maybe some air it would be a little more well thoughtful and reasonable, but it seemed as if her filled a condom with water fish a plant snails and gravel and is hoping i will work.. plus i watched the video and it was full of inuendos.. not necessary... there are ways to create a self sustained eco system, but that is not a proper way to do so...

there isnt even aything for the fish to eat! there is not way that thing could surviv longer than a month.. if that!

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 24-Jan-2008 02:14Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
I think that was on Instructables for a while. It is pretty dire

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 24-Jan-2008 03:41Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 478
Votes: 271
male australia
i dont care how much they washed the condom,THATS IS JUST DISCUSTING,THEY SHOULD BE PUT IN THE CONDOM,AND SEE HOW THEY LIKE IT,what the hell is it about torchering fish,thats gets these morerons there kickspeople like thst should not even be allowed to look at animals of any kind,they dont even deserve a plac on our planetit just makes me so mad,yes there is some creatures i dont like,even hate,but that doesent give me the rite to be creul to them.do any of you remember the jerk who posted,on youtube"the toughest goldfish in the world"the 1 where the guy swollows the gold fish(down into his stomach acid,lovely fish the fish)then throws it back up into the bowl,while all his cronie mates shot roars of approval egging him on,ITS NOTHING BUT CREULTY TO ANIMALS,and i didnt see the funny side of it at all.
Post InfoPosted 24-Jan-2008 05:50Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Mez

---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Asian Hardfeather Enthusiast
Votes: 162
male uk
"Self Sustained"....haha...
Dear me..
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2008 04:13Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies