Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeNew Small planted tank.......
riri1
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 435
Votes: 44
male
I set up a 10 gallon tank about 10 days ago im thinking about puting in 3 rasboras in today and see how the are in the tank im gona get about 3 more in a couple of days....... it has a pump for a 20 gallon tank and its gona be heavaly planted so its gona have a stocking thats on the overstocked side.........

6-Harlequin rasbora(maybe 8)
6-julii corys
1-flame dwarf Gourami
1-bamboo shrimp

does that sound good this all might be moved to a 20 gallon tank in the feature.............
Post InfoPosted 05-Aug-2009 02:58Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Did you do a fishless cycle?

I wouldn't put in rasboras unless the tanks fully cycled.

For a 10 I say you're over stocked, doesn't matter the filter, 10's are just notorious for crashing. I'd cut the corys and the gourami until you're sure you are ready to upgrade.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 05-Aug-2009 08:35Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
riri1
----------
Fish Addict
male
yes i did a fishless cycle and all the rasboras are alive atm im about to feed them to see if they will eat...... im going to go to the lfs to get 3 more and see wat that looks like in the tank........ im gona start to stock it with plants soon to....... i have a 20 gallon sitting in storage that i could set up with fully cycled water and filters but new florite gravel.......it will be like a month before i could set up the 20 tho............ i need the corys out of my 55 so my ornate doesnt choke on them....... i had to remove my ornate cuz he was pulling my other fish around by there tails.............
Post InfoPosted 05-Aug-2009 19:17Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Ahhh hadn't realized these were being moved from elsewhere.

If it's only for a month they may do ok, just really keep ontop of your gravel vacs and WC's

Sooner you get it planted the better. I'd suggest running the filter for the 20 on the 10 so that when you are able to set up the 20 you just have to move the filter over...or is that why you are using a 20 filter on the 10?

Why didn't you set up the 20 instead of the 10? If the corys need to be moved I'd actually transfer them to the 10 before getting more rasboras. My rule of fin, always make your current fish happy before adding more .

^_^

Post InfoPosted 05-Aug-2009 22:15Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
riri1
----------
Fish Addict
male
the reason i didnt set up the 20 is im gona change my room around so i can get a bigger bed and a fish tank in it and i planed on haveing the 20 in there....... im gona wait a few days before i move the corys but it will be soon..... so far so good all the rasboras are eating like they always did...........
Post InfoPosted 05-Aug-2009 22:23Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies