SubscribeOK, here's what I did!
fishsage
-----
Hobbyist
Tank You Daddy.
Kudos: 53
Votes: 16
male canada
Well, I originally had set up our 20G for the CAE and one cichlid..... just didn't work for me. It just felt wrong.
So, back to the LFS with the Cichlid, back into his old 10G went the CAE. And off fish shopping go I.

So here's the stocking thus far. 3x Threadfin Rainbow, 2x Otto, 1x Opaline Gourami.

Thoughts, Suggestions, info on the species?
Thanks,
Dan

55G -5x Bosemani, 3x Emerald Cory,3x Red Rainbow, 3x Turquoise Rainbow. 20G-Empty. 10G -4x Danio 3x Cory Fry 1 Gold Mystery Snail. 10G- 1x CAE, 2x Tetra 1x ADF
Post InfoPosted 18-Feb-2008 05:04Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
I'd personally add at least one more Oto. I'd lose the Opaline and go for a smaller species such as Pearl or Dwarf. More threadfins would also be more appropriate. Having multiple males will allow them to not only display to the females, but also compete and display to each other. Then a mellow tetra species such as Cardinals could take the lower-middle region.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 18-Feb-2008 21:38Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fishsage
-----
Hobbyist
Tank You Daddy.
Kudos: 53
Votes: 16
male canada
well, one of the two otto's didn't make it. So we will add a couple more.
The gourami will likely be switched for a Dwarf Gourami, or a honey gourami. The only threadfins they had were males, so I will be checking another supplier this week to see if they have females. Funny story... I thought I was buying a pearl gourami, but the lfs had them in the same tank, my son was with me, and taking up most of my attention, so it wasn't until the opaline was in the tank that I realized the error.
Hopefully the other lfs has albino cories, because we want to put six of them in too!
Dan

55G -5x Bosemani, 3x Emerald Cory,3x Red Rainbow, 3x Turquoise Rainbow. 20G-Empty. 10G -4x Danio 3x Cory Fry 1 Gold Mystery Snail. 10G- 1x CAE, 2x Tetra 1x ADF
Post InfoPosted 18-Feb-2008 22:55Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
ScottF
---------------
Fish Addict
Addiction Hurts!!
Kudos: 330
Votes: 355
male usa
you know, another rainbow you might try is the dwarf neon rainbows... they are beautiful and will cover various parts of your set up. I have 4 in my 20g...

Also, be prepared for the otos dying off... My experience has been that they are tough to keep alive over a period of time. And, I do keep clean tanks and good water as far as 0 ammonia and 0 nitrites are concerned....
Post InfoPosted 19-Feb-2008 04:34Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies