Votes: 5
male canada
the weekly test results are in
0 Amm
0 no2
40 no3
80c temp
and 7 Ph

so i feel that i dont have much to worry about as long as i keep watching the tank. unless any one has some conserns that im missing.

plants still growing like crazy i just cut them and spilt them into more smaller plants through out the tank.

Post InfoPosted 11-Feb-2006 04:50Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
bcwcat22
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 314
Votes: 34
male usa
I would keep the NO3 lower than 35ppm especially since your overstocked the less stress on the fish the better.

"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man" Simpsons
Post InfoPosted 11-Feb-2006 07:04Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Cup_of_Lifenoodles
---------------
Fish Guru
Kudos: 1957
Votes: 30
male usa
"That's impossible. Even in a well-stocked tank, nitrites will be present. If you do not have any, this will mean your tank has yet to cycle and will start producing highly toxic ammonia instead of no3."

Yes and no. Most test kits that can read down to the 1ppm value are not often sold to the conventional aquarist, so yes, there will be nitrate present, no matter what, but not all test kits can pick the stuff up at such []s.
Post InfoPosted 11-Feb-2006 07:14Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
judz
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 160
Votes: 5
male canada
it could be below 35 the drip kit only goes between 20-40 and it looks closer to forty then 20.

Post InfoPosted 11-Feb-2006 07:52Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
dreamseeker12
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 34
Votes: 0
Wow that is REALLY overstocked. . .assuming I did my math right, (and I wouldn't count on it ) you have approximately 73" of fish in your tank , and that is with me only counting some of the tetras as one inch and they can grow to two. . .if I were you, I would at least take back the clown loaches and the bigger of the two plecos, and maybe the tiger barbs. . .they are somewhat aggressive fin nippers.

Fish are like potato chips. . .you can't have just one
Post InfoPosted 12-Feb-2006 06:11Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies