L# General Freshwater
  L# Redoing 29 gallon tank.
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeRedoing 29 gallon tank.
rambomotim
Small Fry
Kudos: 1
Votes: 0
Hey all, I've been planning to redo my 29 gallon solitary confinement tank into a heavy planted south american community tank. I was thinking of doing 7-9 cardinal tetras, 6-8 panda cories, and I was looking for input on how a pair of angelfish would do in the aquarium. Would they eat the tetras if there was enough plant cover, or would the tetras be doomed either way?

My aquascaping plan was to separate the back half of the aquarium and left side with garden dividers, and plant very tall, broad leafed plants, like amazon sword plants. The foreground on the right would be very short plants, something that looks like grass maybe. Do you think that would make enough hiding spots to stop the angelfish from going aggressive on me? Thanks in advance.
Post InfoPosted 04-Sep-2011 16:10Profile PM Edit Report 
clownloachfan
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 850
Votes: 115
male usa us-pennsylvania
Welcome!
My understanding is that if you buy the cardinals first at a large size and let the angels grow up with them from a small size, it shouldnt be a problem. Still to risky in my opinion for pricey fish. There are plenty of other colorful South American tetras.

I also have a 29 gallon aquarium with angelfish in. It started with three young angels. A heater malfunction killed the only egg laying fertile,female and left a male and one unidentified angel. They have their spits and spats every now and then with plenty of plant cover but its not deadly. Matter of luck i think.
Post InfoPosted 12-Sep-2011 14:17Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
DaMossMan
----------
Fish Guru
Piranha Bait
Kudos: 2117
Votes: 359
male canada ca-ontario
Welcome aboard (and Hey CLF its been awhile)

A 29 is too small for a pair of angels and 17 tankmates. They will all fit but all will not be happy.

Go with one angel plus tankmates.

The Amazon Nut...
Post InfoPosted 13-Sep-2011 20:21Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies