SubscribeTime to add the gouramis
judz
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 160
Votes: 5
male canada
EditedEdited 08-Jul-2017 17:39
I am thinking of adding one male and two female powder blues to my tank. I'm curious if that's too much and how I should do it.

My tank is 8 and a half gallons with no real plants. There is a lot of fake plants for fish to hide between. The filter is larger than needed as it's rated for a 20 gallon. There are 3 tetras in the tank currently that have been set up for months.

I'm thinking of adding the two females a couple days apart to minimize bacteria shock to the tank. Then I'd add the male after the next water change. Is that the best way?
Post InfoPosted 08-Jul-2017 17:37Profile PM Edit Report 
moondog

---------------
---------------
The Hobnob-lin
Kudos: 1038
Votes: 4366
male usa
What kind of tetras? This is probably a good plan, but you're pushing the limit of the tank with those fish. Just make sure you keep up with the regular maintenance after you add them all

"That's the trouble with political jokes in this country... they get elected!" -- Dave Lippman
Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2017 16:18Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
judz
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 160
Votes: 5
male canada
Two neons and one glowlight.

I do 25% water changes every week and a half. I assume if I add them I should go to to every week.

I was thinking the two females would be happier than one to allow them to get a break from being chased by the male. Yet would the tank being too full be worst?
Post InfoPosted 09-Jul-2017 23:14Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
moondog

---------------
---------------
The Hobnob-lin
Kudos: 1038
Votes: 4366
male usa
I think you're probably fine with your current routine. And I'm never sure how gouramis are going to act, but putting the females in first to let them establish themselves is probably better.

"That's the trouble with political jokes in this country... they get elected!" -- Dave Lippman
Post InfoPosted 10-Jul-2017 14:08Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies