Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeWhat To Choose? Help Me Out Here
DwarfGourami
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 83
Votes: 6
female usa
ok i know someone that is going to sell me some endlers, and his wanting to give away some of his angel and golden wonder killies

iv had this tank for 4 years and its a 20g tank with 5 female guppies and 2 males 5 female black mollies, 1 male platy, 1 female blue platy, 6 corys the guppies been in there since birth all born in this tank my population of gups stay done down now, they usually get eaten by the others the oldest i have in there are about 2 years old in guppies, my mollies were also born in this tank had them about 3 years, male platy and blue female wont breed so no worrys there had them for about 2 years and the corys i have them from begining 4 years, might be a lil overstocked if i add anything else huh?

well i have a 10g going with nothing and a 2g i can set up after i fix it

so which should i choose endlers which his selling, or the angel his giving away or killies his giving away

Post InfoPosted 21-Jan-2008 22:52Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Report 
Eyrie
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 18
Votes: 16
male scotland
A 20G is unlikely to have enough room for an adult angel (minimum height recommended is 18" so that leaves the endlers and killies.

Either would be a nice choice, but the endlers would have to go in the empty 10G to avoid the risk of cross-breeding with the existing guppies.

Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.
Post InfoPosted 21-Jan-2008 23:04Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DwarfGourami
-----
Hobbyist
female usa
so its ok to put an angel fish in with all the others in the 20g wont that be really overstocked then with the angel in there

i think im going to go with the endlers in the 10g and add nothing else to the 20g but what is big enough for a 2g
Post InfoPosted 21-Jan-2008 23:25Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
So_Very_Sneaky
---------------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 2272
Votes: 201
female canada
so its ok to put an angel fish in with all the others in the 20g wont that be really overstocked then with the angel in there

No, its not. Angelfish need a tank 18 inches tall.

Come Play Yahtzee With Me!
http://games.atari.com
Http://www.myleague.com/yahtgames
Post InfoPosted 21-Jan-2008 23:27Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DwarfGourami
-----
Hobbyist
female usa
well i have alot of other fish in there thats why i asked if its too overstocked for anything in there like a angel in there
Post InfoPosted 21-Jan-2008 23:31Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
i would say take the kilis... they would be the most fun in your tank...

like previously stated the endlers might cross breed, which may or may not be bad.. i have seen cross bred guppy-endlers that are very attractive! and you cound sell them for a high price, but it all depends on what you want and what you are capable of haveing... ideally i cwould take the endlers and the kilis and put them in a new 10g with maybe some ADF or some ghost/cherry shrimp.. would be anice stock (just add plants ...)...

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 22-Jan-2008 00:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Eyrie
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 18
Votes: 16
male scotland
There aren't many fish small enough and inactive enough for a 2G.

How about going for something different? Have three or four small shrimp and a couple of pieces of java moss for them to pick through.

Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.
Post InfoPosted 22-Jan-2008 00:50Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies