Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeWhos the Culprit!
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 285
Votes: 34
male usa
i have a 55G that is cycled for about 2 months now with silver dollars five tiger barbs{had 8} a red tailed shark, and 6 julli corys used to have seven jullies. so ive found 2 dead tiger barbs and one just vanished and now i noticed out of the old seven cories only 6 remain. my question is who is the culprit here, im guessing shark or dollars what do you all think, i thought the cories would be safe bc of there barb in their spinal fin
Post InfoPosted 18-Jul-2013 23:49Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
Silver dollars are so vegetarian I don't think it's them, but red tailed sharks are very agressive and territorial. It probably didn't kill the fish to eat, but because they were in its territory (which in a 55 will probably be the whole tank). RTBS are great-looking fish, but they can be a problem in community tanks. Sounds like you got a particularly mean one.

><>
Post InfoPosted 19-Jul-2013 09:30Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 285
Votes: 34
male usa
the RTBS is very small about 1.5 inches even though hes so small could it still be him? also is there such thing as albino bristle noses or not? and how many BS's could go in a 55 more than one or only one
Post InfoPosted 19-Jul-2013 20:44Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
barbdarb
Fingerling
Kudos: 26
Votes: 1
male usa
the RTBS is still a juvenile then and probably isnt the aggressor. my guess is that it could be the tiger barbs?

2 tanks (for now)
1 30 gallon
1 22 gallon
Barb and oddball/predatory fish fan
Post InfoPosted 05-Aug-2013 05:37Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 13-Mar-2015 09:51
This post has been deleted
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies