L# Yes another sick betta
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeYes another sick betta
nesposeidon

Small Fry
Kudos: 6
Votes: 0
female usa
Hey I've got a sick blue Betta Splendor. He has grey coloring on the front of his face (which I'm pretty sure is a fungal infection of some kind) and Fin rot. I think it's just fin rot because he had tail rot before but it's healing. but for some reason the fins aren't healing as fast as they should. I'm not sure what to do about the fungal infection on his head. For some reason he twitches too. it's weird. anyway. any advice? I've already got Marycyn(?)2 for the tail/fin rot and I think it takes care of fungal infections too. but I'm not exactly sure. So any help would be awesome.
Post InfoPosted 26-Mar-2012 00:13Profile PM Edit Report 
superlion

----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 673
Votes: 339
female usa
EditedEdited 26-Mar-2012 02:16
With the fin rot and grey area that you don't describe as fluzzy or fluffy, it sounds more like Columnaris, which is a bacterial infection. Here's an article with very detailed information on Columnaris, and a photo that compares it with a fungal Saprolegnia infection. http://www.americanaquariumproducts.com/Columnaris.html

The author says that Maracyn 2 may be effective against Columnaris, but that the first and most likely most effective option would be putting your betta in a metylene blue bath.

><>
Post InfoPosted 26-Mar-2012 02:10Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
captonize

Small Fry
Kudos: 7
Votes: 2
male usa us-colorado
Hey nesposeidon, what superlion said is spot on. what are your water condition's? and if you choose to do a Methylene Blue bath try to get a bubbler stone since Methylene Blue bath can limit the o2 in the tank. And after he gets better add a stress coat to the tank when you do a water change that contains aloe vera to promote healing and regeneration for your fish.
Post InfoPosted 26-Mar-2012 05:55Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 03-Nov-2014 20:24
This post has been deleted
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies