Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribeneons
Sonic2041
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 142
Votes: 19
male usa
right now i have 2 neons in a 15 gallon, one is albino.

i have a 3 gallon tank with an ADF and a betta. would it be ok to move the neons to that tank and possibly add a few more. the tank has a HOB filter. i am not really worried about water quality. I am only wondering if the betta of ADF would kill them.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:51Profile PM Edit Report 
sirbooks

---------------
---------------
----------
Sociopath
Kudos: 5164
Votes: 932
male usa us-virginia
Nah, they wouldn't kill the neons. Problem is though, that tank isn't large enough for a school, especially with the betta and frog in there. Why not add more neons to the fifteen gallon?

Last edited by sirbooks at 03-Jun-2005 05:37

And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell: "One more Marine reporting, Sir! I've served my time in Hell."
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:51Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Communist Hamster
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 78
Votes: 7
male wales
I'd be more worried about the neons killing the betta. My little bro had a 5G with a betta and 5 glowlights, the glowlights killed the poor betta .

Albino neon?
Sonic2041
-----
Enthusiast
male usa
ya, an albino neon. it is the only one i ever saw. i think its just a thing that happens every once in a while. here is a picture
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sonic2041/detail?.dir=c679&.dnm=48bb.jpg

Last edited by Sonic2041 at 03-Jun-2005 10:49

Last edited by Sonic2041 at 03-Jun-2005 10:50
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
Kudos: 1997
Votes: 670
male usa
Sonic,

The picture of your Albino Neon Tetra looks a lot like a Glowlight Tetra.

Here is a link to a “normal” Glowlight

http://www.thebudmaster.btinternet.co.uk/fish/fish_Images/glowlightd.JPG

Here is one to an albino Glowlight

http://www.fishpondinfo.com/glow.htm

Ingo

Proud Member of the New Jersey Aquatic Gardeners Club
JokerFish
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 203
Votes: 20
male canada
yeah i agree it looks more like a glowlight...
houston
---------------
-----
Fish Guru
You want what when?
Kudos: 2462
Votes: 337
female usa
Yep, you've got yourself a Glowlight Tetra and a Neon Tetra...What I'd do is leave the betta and ADF alone in the 3 gallon...and go get yourself 5-6 Neon Tetras and 5-6 Glowlight Tetras...And leave them in the 15 gallon...that will give you 2 nice small schools of tetras, and then get yourself some Khuli Loaches, or some Corries that are 2-2.5 inches...it will make a really nice tank that you will enjoy...hmlo

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." Thomas Carlyle
Sonic2041
-----
Enthusiast
male usa
i knew it was albino, but i wasn't totally sure it was a neon. that is probably why it never schooled with the neons when i had more. it was in the neon tank at the store and we know that they know exactly what they are doing. i wonder if glowlights are less expensive than neons.
the reason i don't want to add more neons is because that tank is already stocked.
i have:
4 cherry barbs
5 white clouds
1 black widow tetra
1 other tetra that has swim bladder problems
1 dwarf gourami
1 australian rainbow
2 otocinclus

i am working on replanting the tank right now. i think i am going to find a piece of driftwood for a center piece and plant arround it.
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
Kudos: 1997
Votes: 670
male usa
[font color="#800080"]"we know that they know exactly what they are doing"[/font]

Maybe it's time to question them. I remember vaguely (and I only have fish for 4 months now) having faith in our LFS's opinions until I had to tell them how to sex Platys.

Most of the time they are right on, but I will always research any statement they make and any advice they give before acting upon it.

Another funny part was that, when I started with fish, they told me that there is no difference in cost or maintenance between salt and freshwater tank setups (29G).

In summary, my LFS motto is “take advice and knowledge, but research anyway”

Ingo

Proud Member of the New Jersey Aquatic Gardeners Club
C.J.T
-----
Fingerling
Votes: 11
male usa
Be VERRY worried about water quality (i wasnt a few years ago and my betta got neon disease, which has nothing to do with neon tetras), i have successfully kept neons with a betta for about 2 1/2 years and he became very stressed from the male guppies eating him alive (which i stupidly added later :%) ) i'v gained a lot of knowledge since then and would only keep: neons, ghost shrimp, zebra fish (with or without) jellyfish genes (it sounds weird but my sis currently has some with her betta in a 2.5 gal and there just fine. the jellyfish genes turn their backs a pinkish color. also their NOT painted COOL ), possibly female guppies, glass or corydoras catfish, coolie or other loaches, or a small pleco. i hope that the info above has helped and i wish you happy fish keeping!

C.J.T

I LOVE MY 55GALLON REEF!!!!!
DeletedPosted 11-Nov-2018 03:43
This post has been deleted
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies