L# Lion fish question
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeLion fish question
general_bupkiss
Small Fry
Kudos: 4
Votes: 0
male australia au-newsouthwales
I recently added a dwarf fuzzy lionfish to my tank (75gal with two full gron, or near too it clowns)
he seems healthy as in moves about and is breathing fine, doesn't seem to be doing the running up aganst rocks/sand to sratch himself thing. but he seems rerally mopy, as in just sits on rocks or the bottom them sort of hovers to the next rock and sits there for a bit, that sort of thing. I thaught he was sick or something, i mean water lvls a fine ad al that. so i put a molly in that my brother got to feed his australian bass and he flared up hunted and swalloed the molly no worries, then went back to just moping around.

At the moment i ahve a 270L tank (easier for me to talk in L) with a 1000L/ph canistaer filter and a 500L and a 1200L power head set up at two diff point in the tank. I tried turing both powerheads off for a night and he didn't seem any diff, so the weater current does not seem to be the problem as one of his fav spots is half way down the tank in the stream of the 1200L powerhead.

what could be the probem, he has only been in the tank for 2 days, is he still getting used to the tank? is this what they do (I heard they where sort of flashy to the aquariest)

any help wpuld be greatly appreciated
Post InfoPosted 30-Mar-2010 08:19Profile PM Edit Report 
general_bupkiss
Small Fry
here is photo of what he does, juts sit there

Attached Image:
Post InfoPosted 30-Mar-2010 08:24Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
I haven't kept one before, but I think that's what the dwarf lionfish do. It's the larger lionfish that swim around more.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 30-Mar-2010 19:34Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
general_bupkiss
Small Fry
o ok, well any idea if I could house both a dwarf and a normal lionfish in the one tank. I know not to have more than two males of the smae type, but what about diff types?
Post InfoPosted 31-Mar-2010 09:16Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
You cannot keep the larger lionfishes with smaller lionfishes as they can eat them. I'd also be hesitant to recommend keeping a larger lionfish in a 75 gallon.

All that you need to know about lionfish:
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-11/fm/feature/index.php

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 01-Apr-2010 04:38Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies