Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeREALLY STUPID question.
Gilraen Took
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 30
Votes: 0
female usa
Okay, bear with me here for a second. I somehow lost my saltwater tank recently. Closest I can figure is that something died in my tank and polluted it. I put some of my favourite zoas in a 5 gallon tank on my dresser. I was wondering if they could go into a 2 though? As I said, REALLY stupid question. All I've got for livestock is a couple snails(could stick with one) and a couple hermits(also could stick with just one). And the zoas. Nothing else.

I was only wondering it because I want to get into keeping shrimp, but also want to keep my saltwater stuff. At least a hermit(I wub my hermie) and some of the zoas. But I don't want anything else. And I figure that a 2 gallon tank would be way too small for a group of cherry shrimp.

So would the couple pieces of rock and the hermit and a snail or 3 and the zoas be too much for such a small tank with 5 WPG, or would it be an okay thing as long as I keep up on water changes and top offs?

[url=http://dragcave.ath.cx/viewdragon/bNFR][/url]
Post InfoPosted 04-Jul-2007 07:31Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Report 
mattyboombatty

---------------
---------------
-----
Tenellus Obsessor
Kudos: 1507
Votes: 1301
male usa us-northcarolina
I've seen people keep a one or two gallon tank with corals, and 5 wpg would probably be enough light for zoas....as you will see 10 watts is 10 watts and is not very intense any way you cut it. However, with no fish and only a few inverts, it's possible this will work out for you. Vacations or slack in upkeep will be very hard on the tank inhabitants, so be careful. Keep on top of maintenance and it should be ok.

Critical Fertilator: The Micromanager of Macronutrients
Post InfoPosted 04-Jul-2007 15:53Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
sirbooks

---------------
---------------
----------
Sociopath
Kudos: 5164
Votes: 932
male usa us-virginia
Yeah, it's certainly doable. It's important to make sure that the inverts get enough food, but not so much that water quality is affected. Also be ready to do a lot of topping off for evaporation.

And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell: "One more Marine reporting, Sir! I've served my time in Hell."
Post InfoPosted 04-Jul-2007 19:45Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Melosu58
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 86
male usa
I agree that it can be done but like others have said keep up with the tank as there is no room for error if you should slip a few days or not keep up with the tank. Frequent PWC`s will be needed.
Post InfoPosted 05-Jul-2007 02:16Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Gilraen Took
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 30
female usa
Actually I decided to keep the 5 gal and move my bettas around so I can have shrimp in one of my 10s instead

[url=http://dragcave.ath.cx/viewdragon/bNFR][/url]
Post InfoPosted 05-Jul-2007 19:23Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Melosu58
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 86
male usa
BTW, There is no such thing as a stupid question. People that have been in the hobby long enough know that they were new at one time also. The only bad question is the one that does not get asked. Then you and your tankmates are the one`s to suffer. Keep asking those questions and everything will be OK.
Post InfoPosted 05-Jul-2007 19:56Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies