Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribenewbie Philippines -macros
mujacko2002
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 7
Votes: 0
male philippines
I would just like to know if anyone here has show/main tank that showcases saltwater plants and macroalgae instead of the usual corals? If so, what are the basic equipments/materials to be able to attain such tanks? I am planning to setup a 50 or 75 gallon fowlr with macroalgae in the near future so as of now i am on the stage of collecting information regarding these setup of mine. i've read over the internet articles about mangroves and indeed its really beautiful.

Thank you so much in advance for any response.

Godbless

Uly

Star of the stormy sea of my mortal life, may your light shine upon me so that I do not stray from the path that leads me to heaven.
Post InfoPosted 03-Nov-2007 06:28Profile Homepage MSN Yahoo PM Edit Report 
mattyboombatty

---------------
---------------
-----
Tenellus Obsessor
Kudos: 1507
Votes: 1301
male usa us-northcarolina
I hate to send people to this site, but I'm only experienced in growing cheatomorpha really.

Reef central macroalgae forum

Critical Fertilator: The Micromanager of Macronutrients
Post InfoPosted 03-Nov-2007 20:57Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Melosu58
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 86
Votes: 0
male usa
The only problems with some macros is that they go what they call sexual and will cause your water to be milky looking. I have grape calerpa and feather calerpa in my refuge and have to keep the lights on 24/7 and pruned regularly.
Post InfoPosted 10-Nov-2007 20:41Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies