FishProfiles.com Message Forums |
| faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox |
| Cichlids or community tank for a first 120 litre setup? | |
| luvuyo_n Small Fry Posts: 1 Kudos: 1 Votes: 0 Registered: 09-Oct-2026 | Hi all, Luvuyo from East London in South Africa. My son and I just picked up a second-hand 120 litre tank with a canister filter, and we are trying to decide what to keep before we buy anything alive. The local shop pushes Malawi cichlids hard because they sell well here, but I've read they need a lot of rockwork and get aggressive. The other option is a planted community tank with tetras, corydoras and maybe a pair of gouramis. Tap water here is fairly soft as far as I can tell. For a first tank, which would you go for, and how long should we cycle it before adding fish? |
| Jump to: |
The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.
FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies