Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeNew Tank
techjak
----------
Fish Master
Kudos: 2354
Votes: 4
male usa
Hi everyone ... yeah, it's been a long time. Anyway, just wanted to let you know about my new tank ... started this week. It's a 120 gallon planted Amazon tank. You can see some early pics of it at http://pets.webshots.com/album/579341289HkzAPb?vhost=pets

So far, it's got some swords, crypts, rotala, vals and a couple other plants I can't recall atm.
For fish so far, I've got 16 cardinal tetras, 6 lemon tetras, 3 blue rams and 6 emerald corys ... I was going to go with Discus again, but am thinking about removing the cardinals to another tank and going with angels instead. My well water is very hard and I do travel quite a bit, so I'm not sure that would be the best for discus.

Other specs: substrate - 120 lbs Eco-complete, canister filter (can't remember the brand), lighting is 4 - 4 foot t-5's with moonlight fixture.
Post InfoPosted 21-Dec-2010 20:17Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
looks good so far!

Since you do travel a lot I'd say sticking with hardier fish makes sense to me . We've got angels and neons together as they've grown up together, so far hasn't been an issue. If you already have the cards or let the have the tank and grow up before getting the angels you may do ok, especially with how much plant cover you have planned.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 22-Dec-2010 00:11Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
techjak
----------
Fish Master
male usa
That was my thinking as well ... but if there is an issue with the Cards getting attacked, I'll have a plan "B" with a second tank. After all ... who wouldn't want 'just one more tank'?!
Post InfoPosted 22-Dec-2010 16:03Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
techjak
----------
Fish Master
male usa
New pics posted at webshots: http://pets.webshots.com/album/579341289HkzAPb?vhost=pets

Filter is a Penn-Plax Cascade 1200. I'm waiting for the new replacement light (see thread under tech tinkering for details), but everything is coming along nicely.

Added some cabomba, wisteria and chain micro swords for the foreground. Also added a pleco, some Oto's and some trap door snails. Found a couple trumpet snails that must have 'hitchiked' in on some plants as well.
Post InfoPosted 07-Jan-2011 21:19Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
gaulfinger
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 22
Votes: 66
male usa us-tennessee
techjak,

Thanks for sharing the pics! I really enjoy seeing how the new tank is coming together. Can't wait to see it when the plants fill out!
Post InfoPosted 08-Jan-2011 02:50Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies