Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeStocking question
Darknyss
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 3
Votes: 1
female belgium
I'm thinking of setting up my old 7g(30l) tank again. The problem is that it's a tall hexagonal model which I know are not ideal. I have all the materials to create good aeration, heat and filtration as I've had other tanks before. Another thing is that it'll have no real plants.

I don't quite know which fish to go with. I was thinking 6-10 neon tetras and 3-4 ghost shrimp, but I fear that's overstocking it.
Any advice?

Thanks!
Post InfoPosted 08-Jun-2011 09:45Profile PM Edit Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Tall hex tanks are always a problem.

However, some neons and a few ghost shrimp would work, so long as the neons don't munch on the shrimp.

Stick with a small school, 6 is good, 8 might work, I think 10 might come close to pushing it if you don't have live plants. If you can get some javafern to tie onto wood, or duckweed or hornwart to float on the surface you can go with 10.

Another option is to go with a single male betta and some plants. Depending on the bettas temperament you could try getting some ghost shrimp to go with, but mine always ate the shrimp

^_^

Post InfoPosted 08-Jun-2011 23:55Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies