AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Aquaria
 L# Invertebrates
  L# Apple Snail Health Check. Help!!
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeApple Snail Health Check. Help!!
Cookie Bear
Small Fry
Kudos: 2
Votes: 0
female usa us-georgia
So, I recently started a 10g tank and was gifted 2 Apple/Mystery snails to go in it. Originally, they were both extremely active, even when the lights were on. But recently, one has been COMPLETELY unactive. He's only very slightly responsive, "twitching" when touched, but not retracting. He\'s been hanging out of his shell, not fully though. What, based on other forums, I\'ve assumed to be his penis, became visble somewhere at the halfway point of this whole thing. The other snail is still fairly active ans the fish all seem fine. I did recently mysteriously loose some ghost shrimp, if that might have anything to do with it. I\'m not sure what to assume or do to make him better. Please help!!
Post InfoPosted 31-Aug-2015 04:22Profile PM Edit Report 
moondog

---------------
---------------
The Hobnob-lin
Kudos: 1038
Votes: 4366
male usa
Have you checked out the resources at http://applesnail.net/ ? It sounds to me as though your snail might be dying but I have never successfully treated a snail, so I'm not sure what else to check for. When/if it does die, make sure to get it out of the tank as soon as you are sure, it will be incredibly bad smelling.

"That's the trouble with political jokes in this country... they get elected!" -- Dave Lippman
Post InfoPosted 31-Aug-2015 14:22Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
kanyesticks
Small Fry
Hey BooBoo - Where is the FISH?
Kudos: 2
Votes: 0
male canada ca-britishcolumbia
EditedEdited 24-Nov-2017 20:02
Snails are one of the most sensitive creatures to take care of. Definitely sounds like something is wrong here. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst (Yes the stench can be quite strong). Hope it doesn't get to that level as I love examples of snails used in math questions (A snail has to cross the road at 5 meters, etc). Lights me up Please keep us updated and all the best.

Post InfoPosted 06-Jul-2016 19:42Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies