SubscribeAngry betta
TurboTurtle
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 12
Votes: 2
female usa
I haven't posted here in ages! Anyway:

This holiday season someone asked me to take care of their betta, and since I have always had a softspot for bettas I agreed. Well they brought me the male betta named "Killer" which I found amusing because every betta I have ever owned has been very calm. Killer is in his own 1.5 gallon tank and has been with me for a few days now, but my problem is that he is always flaring! I thought maybe he was just getting used to being in a new place but he is still doing it, and i am getting concerned. There are no reflective objects around him and he is building bubble nests. Any idea on how to calm him?
Post InfoPosted 21-Nov-2006 22:08Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
Aquariumphreak
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 2
Votes: 3
there's no real need to calm him.... flaring is totally normal it won't hurt him.
Post InfoPosted 28-Nov-2006 05:54Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Pammy
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 130
female usa
I find when a betta builds a bubble nest, it means he's happy & healthy.

Sick, and/or depressed bettas don't build bubble nests.

If anything, make sure he doesn't have any bright lights directly over him. Maybe having a dark tank while he gets use to his enviroment will help.

HTH.

-pamela
Post InfoPosted 30-Nov-2006 19:52Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies