AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Species
 L# Labyrinth Lounge
  L# Breeding Betta Question (Almond Leave)
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeBreeding Betta Question (Almond Leave)
El Tiburon Tailandes
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 54
Votes: 0
male costarica
Hey guys, I have a question, I would like to breed a betta and have been reading about these Almond leaves they use to condition the fish In Costa Rica we dont get many fish supplies so getting them here is out of the question. I was wondering if it were possible for someone that has access to them if they could send me a packet of them to an address I have in the USA. I could pay you back through "paypal". Its simple and convenient.

If you can help out, please let me know, appreciate your time and efforts

ETT
Post InfoPosted 24-Jun-2007 17:07Profile PM Edit Report 
DeletedPosted 24-Jun-2007 18:07
This post has been deleted
zookeper
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 62
Votes: 6
male usa
You can easily find these leaves for sale cheaply on ebay or google almond leaves and find many sources that sell them. Most people ship INTL so you shouldnt have a problem.
Post InfoPosted 24-Jun-2007 20:45Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
El Tiburon Tailandes
-----
Hobbyist
male costarica
Hey guys, after speaking with Redphantom and a friend here at work, I started looking for more pics of this tree, low and behold, I started thinking wait a second, I believe there is one of these same trees in the park in my neighborhood. I stopped there last night and I realized it was the almond tree i was looking for!!! I started picking up leaves from the ground, which made some people look at me kind of like this...

I hope none of them get the wrong impression why Im picking these leaves up, I read somewhere that they're used to treat premature ejaculation

Dont want the neighbors getting any ideas u know....
Post InfoPosted 25-Jun-2007 18:18Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
Votes: 309
male usa us-northcarolina
Just make sure that the leaves weren't exposed to fertilizers or pesticides.

Joe Potato
Post InfoPosted 25-Jun-2007 20:38Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
You lucky ducky! We tried growing the trees down here and they thought it was so cold that it wasn't worth making more than two or three leaves

Enjoy your harvest!

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 26-Jun-2007 02:50Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
El Tiburon Tailandes
-----
Hobbyist
male costarica
So, I got home yesterday to discover my l eaves gone, they were thrown away (thought it was garbage from the back yard, lol. So i made another trip to the park and picked up some more leaves.....
Post InfoPosted 26-Jun-2007 20:47Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
scarily common. One of my friends spent a fortune on a small tree last year through mail order, and was trying to get it to grow and produce leaves. Over winter, she went away for the weekend and her husband threw it in the garbage, thinking their kids had just planted a random stick in a pot!

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 29-Jun-2007 02:25Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies