Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeFemae betta bubble nest
Brengun

----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 187
Votes: 110
female australia au-queensland
I have a male betta (bubble 0 7) in a 1ft nano tank and he has built himself a bubble nest under the foam cup.
A couple of days ago I got him a girl friend and put her in a soft brood net in the tank. Bubble 0 7 really likes her.
She is now called bubble 0 6 as she has built her own bubblenest. Is this normal? Her nest is better than his.
Post InfoPosted 28-Mar-2008 12:00Profile PM Edit Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
Is she *definitely* a girl? There are a lot of plakat males in the LFS at the moment and it wouldn't surprise me at all if you've accidentally ended up with a little man.

But yes, females can build nests too . Sometimes, though rarely, they do all the work when it comes to spawning, including picking up the eggs and popping them into the nest. The ones I've seen that nest either go a fairly pathetic job or build absolutely brilliant nests that put most fancy males to shame!

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 28-Mar-2008 17:29Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies