SubscribeNew female bettas
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4173
Votes: 452
male usa
I updated the photobucket and put my females in it.

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m191/BettaChris_Fish/

I have hardy any pics, but when i get some more bettas it should be full.
Post InfoPosted 19-Jul-2006 03:26Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Report 
fishyhelper288
-----
Fish Guru
Kudos: 1951
Votes: 137
copy cat*with organizing PB like that

anyway, from what I can tell,nice bettas lol..I realy like that multi colored girl, she looks very pretty

and, do you want some tips on how to take pics of fish? free lessons lol..*I love picking on you..cant you tell?*
Post InfoPosted 20-Jul-2006 00:24Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
male usa
i learn from the best

anyway sure.
Post InfoPosted 20-Jul-2006 00:27Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
male usa
EditedEdited by bettachris
you will be happy to know that i am expecting a shippment of silver arowanas and.... a ton of female bettas, and a few males.

Also this weds i am heading down to jersey to rescue some male bettas. i really feel bad for these males as they are apart of that throw a ball in a bowl game. unfort alot of these male bettas get faught by un-knowledged people, so every year i go down and rescue about 15-20.
While they are nothing special they will get a nice tank to retire in.

i hope that at least in your eyes i do something good for the betta world.
Post InfoPosted 22-Jul-2006 04:12Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
fishyhelper288
-----
Fish Guru
EditedEdited by fishyhelper288
good on you Chris

I look forward to seeing all these pics I know you will have to take

Yea, those carnavle people dont see that the fishsit in the heat, then get thrown around in baggies, while the winner goes on rides and such...If our fair did that..well..I would have a hell of a time finding where to put them lol..oh, and I saw Alisha's Dt a few dasy ago..holy crap!! he already has 2 girls lined up, and he will be hitting the tank with one of them this week, and then around 2 weeks later, he will be shacked up with a DT geno...both efmales are mine, so i get first dibbs on the kiddos lol.. looks like my brteeding season is going through fall and way into winter I just cant wait to get these fry born lol, also, the fry I have now are already huge! today they will get their first feeding on some misquito larve, so just in case while i'm gone, they will still have something to eat..I havet lost a fry yet either and I also realized that quite a fe of the snails from my lines are getting their numbers up, i'm so happy the clear shell survived, now just to watch out for some more

Yea, i'm leaving today in a short while to go on a short vacation, I should be back around wed-thurs ..Then the following wedens day i'm getting in the 20 Pks x ammount of Platnum HMs and then that double anal fin male, who I hope to see if that trait is passable He will be bred to a Ct or Hm..not sure yet

i hope that at least in your eyes i do something good for the betta world.

Chris, you always do good in my eyes
Post InfoPosted 23-Jul-2006 22:47Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
male usa
i always get the tickets for the fish and come back later so i can get the fish right b4 i leave, so they will be in the shade at least.

last year, i ended up getting 22 or 21 male bettas. i had literatly 21-22 bettas on me! i had like 5 in each pocket, and 2 in each hand, and i think i carried a bag on my arm with the rest.

my family thought i was crazy for going on vaction and dealing with fish.

anyway, have a good trip katie.
Post InfoPosted 24-Jul-2006 04:23Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
fishyhelper288
-----
Fish Guru
well I'm back and holy crap..

I learned that the 3 fish stores in the area joined up to make one huge one..Sounds pretty good huh? well the tanks were filthy, some you coulent see past the algae, they only used sponge filters, which were to..old that the filter floss couldent be seen past the crap! one tank had over 20 dead fish in it, there were like bettas in every tank that looked to be over 3 years old, there was some 5 species of algae in every tank...just...eww..I will not be going back there for a very long time...sad to think they also had salties, and they had tanks full of guppies, and floating plants, that actualy came from the lake, that they were actauly trying to sell!

I came home to a dead female betta *I think..it was so far gone i could only guess* There was like a mold growing on the surface of the 29 gallon, I lost almost all my betta fry, and more are dying now I cant find my male apisto, there were blood worms all over the desk *wouldent have been too aweful if I was illergic to them!* My guppies went baby crazy...*ok, so that one wasnt too bad lol* Her tank is FILLED with sick fish, mainly ick..I have a guppy with a hurnia, that will die, I lost the fry i got from the lake *was just now begining to get color* atleast the catfish survived..All the fish were over fed, I couldent see pas the algae on my 20 gallon..

so..yea, wasnt exactly a very great time, but soon i will be going off to the fair where I can get my mind off everything, and hope my bettas arive alright on wedensday
Post InfoPosted 29-Jul-2006 18:05Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
male usa
wow, bad luck.

but just remember that most of it wasn't in your control.

again sry for your dead fishys
Post InfoPosted 29-Jul-2006 22:43Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
fishyhelper288
-----
Fish Guru
yea, i am sad too, but alas I have found the silver lining

The little fry from the lake did survive, and has changed alot in body shape, less surviving fry, means more room for the "extras" that i have been informed will be comming too and plus, the parents are still healthy, so, breedings can be made later I did find my male apisto, but I think they may be hiding something from me..fry,eggs, who knows lol I cleaned up the 20 long, pulled out some dead plants and such, and everything is back under controll in that tank, my sister had only one light on that tank, so thats why the algae grew, the 29 gallon is looking batter after i pulled dead and dying plants, the fish also look happier nothing can be done about the fry tank because my bucket is outside right now..and I'm too lazy, so I just turned up the airation, and fed then well..Although, the grossest find was one just a few moments ago, a fish so dead, it was growing into a silk plant..i mean, it was one with it, when i tried to pry it out, the head came off..and a few other fuzzy fish were also hidden in her tank..rather discusting..

I CANT WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!

My fish will be comming in, and I can be in fishy heaven with around 30+ new bettas..all..at..once../:'
Post InfoPosted 30-Jul-2006 04:09Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
male usa
great news.

but once again i am still struggling with my self of what i want to keep.

maybe u can help

i know i am not into common aquaium fishes like tetras/barbs/sharks/catfish/and most cichlids. i have had many many bad times trying to keep a community tank going.

i thought i liked: bettas/predators/convicts

but now i am not sure. i still like:
Bettas/high fin loaches/predators/and convicts but i dont know if they are for me. But then what else is there?

though it might be a phase, i think i am liking now bait fishes. like killies and feeder goldfish.

Who knows it maybe my thing.

anyway sry to throw my problems on your happiness.
Post InfoPosted 30-Jul-2006 04:36Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
fishyhelper288
-----
Fish Guru
lol what happiness

Lets see,

You already said you loved bettas, so thats a give in..

I know what you mean what you say common fish realy arnt as interesting as others, I have a baby catfish and is so far a favorite, I find natives to be very interesting, so if you can get your hands on some darters, I know you would love it..

I personaly like johneys, and I recently came across a new species, but they never survived, so that tells me that they are quite similar to johneys, very sencitive, and need extremely high O2 levels to survive, they love live food such as blood worms, but can easily be weaned onto flake if the filter pushes them around enough to make them appear alive, they realy dont like to eat fry so breeding realy wont be a probelmatic thing..They are quite interesting, and enjoy sandy bottoms..

I hear so many things about convicts, and they just seem too popular and common.

I have never had killies before, so cant help you there.

feeder goldfish are just way too stupid for me to bother with, I bought 2 for my oscar, and only fed one of them and gave the other to my sister, which then ended up back in my tanks, untill i finaly sold it..

Preditors are very interesting, I would go ahead and find some smaller ones so that more can be kept, or a few in a large tank with a natural setting is very rewarding, a round tank is perfect for that use, you get the best views and IMO the fish are happier, and the plants have an easier time growing without corners to deal with, the roots just go along the sides with no problems

...I think I covered everything so far
Post InfoPosted 30-Jul-2006 23:02Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
zebra
-----
Fish Master
Kudos: 291
Votes: 37
female usa
nice bettas chris!!!!
well done
=]]
~zebra

~!!I lOve LiFe!!~
Post InfoPosted 01-Aug-2006 05:07Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies