Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribebetta tank
deschazkody
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 110
Votes: 77
male usa
i recently got a 2.5 gal given to me and i,d like to put a betta in after it cycles i,d like to know there likes and dislikes as far as temp ,light, planted or not currentor still water thanks for your help/:'
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:49Profile PM Edit Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Check out their [link=profile]http://www.fishprofiles.com/files/profiles/fighter.xml" style="COLOR: #EB4288[/link] right here on this site as a starting point .

A 2.5 will make one male betta rather happy...I'd suggest going with planted. They generally prefer stiller waters, although very gentle filtration will work especially if there are spots for him to get out of the current. With a 2.5 gallon you really don't need to worry about cycling it as you'll be doing at least weekly if not twice weekly water changes on it.

^_^
[hr width='40%']"When you try your best but you don't succeed. When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse
And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace. When you love someone but it goes to waste
COULD IT BE WORSE?"
~Coldplay

Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:49Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4173
Votes: 452
male usa
not to picky on light, still water is best, but a filter is good. plants, and a temp range from 72-88
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:49Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Tetra Fan
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 1081
Votes: 63
male usa us-northcarolina
He should be quite happy in a 2.5 gallon tank

Like babel said, usually tanks under 10 gallons don't need to cycle, as it would be a royal pain to try to keep it cycled and preventing mini cycles:%)

They usually like a small plant with them...I used to have a betta that would sleep on a leaf of a fake plant I had in with him. They usually like warmer temps...anything above 76 degrees will make a happy betta. Most bettas don't like current at all...it pushes them around and there long fins usally catch the current...then again you get some oddballs that play around the filter

Anyway...bettas are really neat fish and a 2.5 gallon with weekly 100% water changes, a small plant, warm water, and still water will make your betta happy

Oh, by the way, my bettas used to really like hikari betta bio gold bits...and they also didn't mind the occasional freeze dried blood worms

Last edited by Tetra Fan at 15-Aug-2005 19:40
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:49Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
deschazkody
----------
Hobbyist
male usa
sounds great now the hard part what color thats enough too fry what little brain cells i have left
houston
---------------
-----
Fish Guru
You want what when?
Kudos: 2462
Votes: 337
female usa
I have a betta in a 2.5 with the HOB and he is quite happy, one in a 2 with a biowheel, again happy, 2 in a 10 divided with UGF yes, happy; 3 in 1 gallons with UGF and happy, and 2 in a 125 with canisters and they are happy, really depends on the betta No matter what bigger is always better

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." Thomas Carlyle
deschazkody
----------
Hobbyist
male usa
ok now is a batta a betta or are ther dif kinds if so what nis best for me i have no exp with batta,s
~ Nikoleta ~
Fingerling
Kudos: 9
Votes: 4
female usa us-connecticut
That link doesnt work
Post InfoPosted 12-Aug-2010 06:06Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies