SubscribeCompatible?
coltsfan
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 75
Votes: 6
male usa
EditedEdited by coltsfan
I currently only have a betta in my 30g tank, I was wanting to know if platys/swordtails/mollies would get along with my betta? Also are mollies good neighbors in community tanks? When the time comes I would like to add some livebearers, but I can't make up my mind which type! With just a betta how many platys would you recomend I add if I go that route?

Justin

Colts Fan For Life
30g platy tank: 2 sunburst wag platys, 2 redtailed white calico platys, 2 red wag platys, 1 fry(not sure who it belongs to), 1 Golden CAE.
Bettas:1 VT male
Post InfoPosted 24-Jul-2007 07:10Profile PM Edit Report 
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4173
Votes: 452
male usa
platies and bettas will be find. i would stray awayfrom mollies only becuase they need to be alittle more active for bettas.

platies, you can go with about 4male and 7-8 females. as im guessing you want some room for others.

swordtails and mollies are the large of what i like to call the "big 4"(guppies,platies,mollies,swords) (most common in LFS) So i would stay away from mollies and swords.

Post InfoPosted 24-Jul-2007 20:44Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
coltsfan
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 75
Votes: 6
male usa
Thanks bettachris, I was hoping you would say swords would work because I was interested in having a breeding group! But I really like platies to so maybe that can be my alternative! Will different groups of platies(red wag and mickey mouse)breed?

Justin

Colts Fan For Life
30g platy tank: 2 sunburst wag platys, 2 redtailed white calico platys, 2 red wag platys, 1 fry(not sure who it belongs to), 1 Golden CAE.
Bettas:1 VT male
Post InfoPosted 25-Jul-2007 07:26Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies